Home

Patch won't install...

Zek

I just downloaded the patch and tried to install it, when much to my dismay, I got the following error(after pressing Continue and the progress bar shows up briefly):

"Directory is invalid!

The target files could not be created."

Does anyone know what would cause this?

I would recommend uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it. When you do unitsall, make sure you choose to keep your settings and savegames though.

Then reinstall the game and run the patch. That should hopefully solve your problem.

I've only seen this problem when I was jumping between 2 versions on my machine and this fixed it. Obviously you weren't doing that but hopefully you'll get the same results

Well I'm at home right now and product support is gone for the day. I am obviously pretty limited as to resources. All I can suggest at this point is for people having problems to post their System specs, especially OS info (Win 98, 98 SE, XP etc) it is more likely to be that then a hardware thing.

PS Ok, did a little reasearch & it looks like in can be recreated using a warez version. Not saying that is the ONLY situation but it is the only situation I have reliably verified.

If you did the uninstall, make sure there are NO PK3 FILES in the BASE folder before you install the game. The update is installing an assets2.pk3 and I'm not positive what would happen if you had an assets2.pk3 file already in the folder

Originally posted by xtmn8r

PS Ok, did a little reasearch & it looks like in can be recreated using a warez version. Not saying that is the ONLY situation but it is the only situation I have reliably verified.

teehehehehe why am i not suprised? they*coughWAREZERScough* got what was coming to them....

now we have a new way to tell, who is a moron....:D

Originally posted by PoolMaster

Mine is doin the same thing. It's pretty sorry that all they can say is REINSTALL JK2.

Two questions - and no offense should be taken - these are questions:

1. Did you buy the game?

2. Are you using a cd-crack?

Originally posted by Zek

Please, Spy, I bought the game and have had it since release. Don't jump to conclusions.

DOH!!! Its zek..... missed that.... was kinda late here....

sorry zek.... yes I know you own it...

/me bends over for asskicking:eek:

I also laid down the fifty bucks and bought the game when it came out.That is why I am so pissed that the first patch won't even install!!! I would assume that it can't find Jedi Knight for some reason because it says invalid path to directory or some crap like that. HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

Archived