Home

next patch suggestion

tam

well i thought with the coming of this patch it would enable all things sp...like cartwheel, buterfly, and the taunts. even the hidden taunts of the characters. but it didnt :( hopefully next one will have this. plz? :) lol

MY NEXT PATCH SUGGESTION IS TO BRING THE SABER FIGHTING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL. THE PATCH REALLY ***ED UP THE SABERS. I MEAN, I THINK IT MADE THE GAME WORST AND LESS FUN. I GAVE THE GAME A 9.5 BEFORE, BUT NOW AFTER I INSTALLED THE PATCH,I GIVE IT A 6.3.

geez, henry shut the **** up. that is a horrible suggestion. we been down the original road, we know how it ends up. sure it was great, but the sp combat was better, and finally its in, and people love it now. so they are not gonna change it over one *******'s rant who doesnt know how to turn off the caps key

ok if 60 percent of the community didnt want sp combat so badly, than how is it raven got a 90 percent response to bring it in eh?

so dont try it.

anyways. back on topic about my suggestion guys

ok..I like this patch, it brings the game to a really good "real" aspect. See the saber fights i love now!

Ok the only thing i do complain about is how they messed up drain. Absorb lasts too long, they should have just left that alone.

Everything else is a plus + i love raven :) GOOD WORK GUYS!

Originally posted by henrychan415

MY NEXT PATCH SUGGESTION IS TO BRING THE SABER FIGHTING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL. THE PATCH REALLY FUKED UP THE SABERS. I MEAN, I THINK IT MADE THE GAME WORST AND LESS FUN. I GAVE THE GAME A 9.5 BEFORE, BUT NOW AFTER I INSTALLED THE PATCH,I GIVE IT A 6.3.

Ug... tell this dumbass to turn off caps lock...

Just go read his thread!

Originally posted by flippo

too bad about 60% of the community disaggrees with you.

I happen to agree with him, and from what I noticed the whiners are generally noobs making their first post, and probably only post about how they hate the patch.

:rolleyes:

I think they need to lower Blue stances speed and blocking a bit, but other than that my only other problem is there aren't enough/any dedicated servers yet. Although, the new stuff for dedicated servers has just been released, so perhaps a few will start to pop up soon.

I think they need to lower Blue stances speed and blocking a bit, but other than that my only other problem is there aren't enough/any dedicated servers yet. Although, the new stuff for dedicated servers has just been released, so perhaps a few will start to pop up soon.

dito

What is your version of a "normal" medium stance flippo endlessly spinning around like a top hoping for that lucky spin kill(frequent as it is), mashing your arrow keys as you run forward to meet a foe? Sabercombat is the best now there is more control over your swings, parries and the like are now in the game and they add a whole new dimension to multiplayer if you want endless spinning tops and eratic swings you still have light stance.

listen newbie mcnewbingson (wolf) spinning in my hands was an art form, ok not really, but no i didn't endlessly spin. as i've said before (i've repeated this about 50000000 times) i spin when it's appropriate. like when someone barely misses when they are coming at me i do a little spin, sliced once, sliced twice, GONE. all in one spin. and how in the living hell do you say you have more control over the saber now? in the retail version, sabering was elegant, (medium anyway) now it's random swinging. it reeks of sloppiness.

and yes maybe i am a little (very) biased, but hey, i says what i know and i knows what i say!

For the next patch, I say the following needs to be changed:

I. Game Crashes

- If you're a server, your entire server (and clients) will freeze if you press Tab for score (the first time) or take a screenshot (the first screenshot)

- Random freezing while playing

- Clients won't crash while changing map or server exits(happens sometimes)

- Not exactly a crash, I say it's a glitch; the instant after you taunt, your hands will pop back up and down again...doesn't look right

- JK2 crashes if JK2Radiant is on...fix?

II. Duels

- Tweak the heavy stance (DFA if you will), into so it wont kill in 1 hit

- Light stance is too fast (esp. in Patch 1.03); it's like having Force Rage but faster!

- Medium stance combo (back + fire) is too powerful in FFA. Now in patch 1.03 everyone are fighting BACKWARDS

- No saber throw in NF!!

- I like the old kicks better, don't know about the others

- Fix the saber throw bug (circling around and around)

- Saber locks look like frames...is it possible to make it actually flow better? (Better animations?)

- Make it easier to Force Push out of a saber lock?

III. Force Powers

- Force Lightning and Force Drain are too "useful", either tweak Force Lightning to less damage, require more mana, or Force Drain obtains one less health and use more mana

- Force Absorb is totally unpenetratable...I think Force Push and Pull should be able to deal with it...

- I think Saber Throw should be able to countered by Force Push or Force Pull

- Like other said, Force Heal takes 1/2 mana and heals only 25 point doesn't sound right

IV. Misc.

- More voting options

- Dismemberment? (fixed? i'm not sure)

- Possible better net code?

- Hidden models please :)

- I think if one lands on the other (very high jump, that is), the player should get some damage, or even fall to his feet

- More combos in saber fights

- 1st person saber mode!

I haven't played gunz yet so I'm not sure that update there...

Above are just my opinion (BETA version hehe). :) Possibly more to be added.

Hey flippo were you born ignorant or did it just happen over night? i never flamed you nor anyone else so i dont really know what the point of that newb comment was since ive probably had the game longer then you. I tend not to get caught up in the forum discussions as they lead to the choas evident on this board. Anyways you can still spin in medium(and even more so in light) how you think the lightsaber combat is more sloppy is a mystery too me the swings use to be somewhat randomized this time you have complete controll and can actaully swing more then once without going into those stupid little spins. i was a huge medium user before the patch and i still intend to be. Basicly before this patch i saw two groups of players the spinning crazy headless chicken style and the heavy stance bobbers who move in and out swinging trying to land a hit. There are a few exceptions of course. After the patch i see much more intricate lightsaber fighting and MORE emphasis on timing your strikes well ,less of the boobing that was very persistent before the patch and an overall much better saber experience. I cna not figure out what all the complaints are for as this patch is exactly what i dreamed of. Give it a week at least. Your dislike of it may just come from having to learn totaly different tactics.

Archived