Home

CTF Map in Progress

The Truthful Liar

Okay, I said that I would shovel out a couple shots of my CTF Equivelent based on my original map...

Here's one:

http://www.killerfxp.com/images/redbase1.jpg

And the other:

http://www.killerfxp.com/images/redbase2.jpg

Don't mind the lighting, I just added them quickly so I could see what this side of the level would look like as a 'red base'.

Questions? Comments? Flames?

Mind you that the Red base is only half done (apart from lighting). And the texture issue remains the same:

Can someone write up a list of CTF textures that I could use, I find the Jk2 one's not very efficient on this map but if you think some might fit properly then list them here!

Cheers :evanpiel:

Also keep in mind that you ARE making a Jedi Knight 2 CTF map... it should at least somewhat fit into the theme of the Star Wars Universe... if you want it to be more gothic or whatnot, maybe you should be mapping for Quake 3 instead. :p

You have a floating jedi temple? :)

If it is a Jedi temple, why don't you just use the Yavin texture set (since that included the Jedi Temple in the last level of the sp game).

EDIT: Also, I just want to add that I HATE levels that have no grounds in reality. :) If you are going to have a jedi temple like that, at least make it at the tip top of a hugely tall mountain that you can see the side of as you fall to your death if you fall off it. :)

Okay,

#1 - I will not be using Yavin's textures, since they don't include any CTF.

#2 - Yes it is abit gothic since I originally mapped for Q3

#3 - It will stay floating and I am aiming for something more like... Imperial Textures but as I mentioned, nothing is decided.

#4 - A mountain would be great, I even have ideas for it but it would require much more time and patience. Maybe my next map (for ctf) will be one that's built INTO a mountain (kind of half mountain half outside), how's that sound? ;)

Bah, it's just not the kind of map I'd like to play, but if you have inspiration, go for it. :p

If I play a Star Wars game, I just want to play in a true-to-the-series Star Wars environment, that's all. :p

And you can mix texture sets, can't you? I don't think there's any problem with mixing textures from different libraries, but I dunno... I don't do any MP mapping, I don't know what your libraries even look like. :D

My current SP map in progress has mostly Bespin textures, but I've thrown in just a couple from Yavin and Doomgiver, just cause I needed them. Didn't seem to cause any problems... why not mix Yavin textures and the CTF textures from whatever lib you're using? :)

Yes I'll try using some multiple directories, thanks for the suggestion. I also totally understand your viewpoint of wanting to play on a "star wars type of feel map" since you are playing a SW based game in the first place.

Yet I'm still true to my nature of making Q3 type maps, in time I will learn to adapt to more Starwars-ish maps ;)

Stay tuned! Couple more shots when I finish the 2nd half so don't touch that dial! :p

from what I can see in the shots the map looks nice

I don't play ctf personally so I'm not judge, but as far as making it an SW map, who says that all maps have to have an SW theme??????

make what is fun to look at and fun to play on

oh and if you want the map to be used with the new patch, add plenty of ammo for the alt repeater users :D

the purple one

ooooh, don't worry Purple Dude I've added PLENTY of ammo for repeater after I found out what they did in the new patch :)

The new CTF textures might be familiar to some of you, will be interesting to see who can spot them out. (no they won't be original Jk2 textures unless I absolutely have to use them)

Cheers ;)

The Bespin texture set contains alot of textures that are used in CTF. I agree with comments suggesting you should try and add an identifiable SW theme for your map. ANd judging from the screenshots, you really need to do a lot of experimentation with texturing. Geometry looks okay, but a fresh set of textures will liven it right up.

Archived