Home

I have created an easy way to switch between v1.02 and v1.03 on the fly

Usurper

I have made a way to switch between the 2 versions of JO on the fly without having to reinstall each time.

This will be helpful for those that want to play both versions of MP.

1. Install the V1.03 patch

2. Rename the GameData directory to GameData_103

3. Copy the GameData directory from your CD to your JO install directory

4. Download my batch files to your JO install directory

The files can be found at http://proactivedesigns.com/jk2/

5. First, run 103_to_102.bat and this will change your game from version 1.03 to 1.02

6. Run 102_to_103.bat and this will change your game from version 1.02 to 1.03

7. Make shortcuts to my 2 files to easily choose which version you want to play.

PM me if you need any help.

Enjoy!

[usurper]

Just a comment here:

All that really gets altered is the jk2sp.exe and jk2mp.exe files. A new pk3 (assets2.pk3) get's copied over, which contains the new duel maps, new bot scripts, etc.

What I would suggest is backing up those two files before you install the update; then create a batch file that will rename the new files and copy the old files over, while also renaming the assets2.pk3 file, for when you want to play v1.02. A second batch file to delete the two 1.02 *.exe files, and rename the v1.03 files and the pk3 file back to their original names, so you can play v1.03.

Saves quite a bit of HD space.......;);)

BTW, I'm doing this manually. Been too busy trying to suss out the new mechanics saber-wise, to sit down and batch-code this out. As soon as I do, I'll let ya's have a look at it.....

Tek.

EDIT: You might also want to make a backup of your jk2mpconfig.cfg file; for some reason, even though it looked right, switching between the two didn't bind the keys properly.....

Usurper,

I've created the batch files I spoke about earlier. Works like a charm on this end!

The zip file is about 1meg in size (I included the mp launcher files to make it as painless as possible); check it here:

vSwitcher2.zip

Take a look and tell me what you think!

Tek.

Good job :) I have one problem though - when I change to 1.02 and start the game, my keyboard is kind of narfed ... I lose WASD, and the only way to move around is with the keypad. It goes back to normal when I switch to 1.03 - any ideas on how to fix it for 1.02?

Monkers:

Move your jk2mpconfig.cfg and jk2config.cfg from your base dir of 1.03 and move it over to the base dir of 1.02 and you will be all set!

Toz:

I wish I could help you, but I have not used Tek's method.

Archived