Home

Converting JKII demos to movies.

Ancalagon

The only way is pretty time consuming.

There's a command in Q3 based games (which i forgot, sorry) that will take a screenie at a set rat per second. What you have to do is run your demo, and use that command to get a bunch of screenies in sequence. Then, you have to use a program that can convert an ordered sequence of images into an avi or mpeg.

Sorry I can't be more specific or provide any URLS. :(

Originally posted by Cmdr. Antilles

The only way is pretty time consuming.

There's a command in Q3 based games (which i forgot, sorry) that will take a screenie at a set rat per second. What you have to do is run your demo, and use that command to get a bunch of screenies in sequence. Then, you have to use a program that can convert an ordered sequence of images into an avi or mpeg.

Sorry I can't be more specific or provide any URLS. :(

I think its "cl_avidemo n" where n is the framerate desired. It will spit out n images per second. Of course the playback of the demo while it's doing this will be about 1FPS, and you'll be left with hundreds of >1MB images that you get to resize, reduce, and combine into an AVI. not fun, not recommended . . .

Well, my computer isn't the best out there, so i tried that command...and then its unplayable...BAH! So, I'm gonna have to find a way to directly convert them, or a program to convert the demo to a pack of pictures then convert them.:swear::evil6::lsduel:

Mmmm, I'd I don't think that command for an animated screenshot would work...But if you find anything..I'D LVOE the hear it.

Archived