Home

The magical "I can block from behind move" (patch rant)

Dale7007

I was sabering a guy from BEHIND, yes he was facing the other way, yet he still blocked me repeatedly.... Hmmmm. Call it whining i dont care, if you whine about me whining it only makes you a whiner yourself. And yes this keeps happening on more than one occasion.

yeah he puts the saber behind his back via over the shoulder and blocks it a common move seen in almost any movie that involves fighting with a sword. I'm sure i saw it done in episode one too. or somewhere, point is it's actually pretty cool. You can't just hack away emplore some strategy.

It seems to me that a large part of "stategy" is attacking the part of your enemy that is least well defended. In my opinion, with the saber traditionally held in front of the body, attacking the back would qualify as "strategy."

Yeah but now he can block there so you need a new one :)

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but the games is largely based on counter-moves now. I tend to always walk and let them strike knowing i can block, As soon as i see the oppertunity i seize it and hack them up.

I apoligize if I made my previous post sound like you didn't use any strategy. Sometimes I type theses posts up real fast and don't really think about what I wrote.

Haha.

I am honestly loving the intellectual discussion that I find on these boards. I'm in college now, taking courses that are specifically designed to make me think, and I find myself having the most stimulating discussion in places like this.

Sorry for the tangent. This just came to mind upon reading these responses.

More fun to talk with people who can think, eh, Andrinor?

I think that blocking behind you is not all bad but it does seem to be a little too... common. It would be nice if the probability of it happening could be lowered a little bit.

There have been a great many times in the last few games I've played where I have hid myself (without mindtrick actually) then jumped down on or came up behind someone else only to have my efforts in stealth thwarted by the repeated backward blocks.

Im not totally against it... just against the frequency of it.

The game is too young for a patch like this .

For god's sake, let the game out for at least 6 months before you go screwing with the mechanics like this...I was so hooked on this game since day one but now I don't even like to play it. Experienced players could avoid these "abused powers" and the one hitter...what's the big??

GheY™

Archived