Home

Guns in patch?

ShockV1.89

Well, I finally played on CTF-1.03 server, with guns.

An interesting experience. Many techniques no longer work, such as mortaring repeater fire at the flag carrier, and such. Many times did I peg a sped up flag carrier with secondary fire of the repeater several times, only to see him shrug it off and keep on running, evntually out of range. That irritated me a little bit. I can see if he was facing me and used his sabre to somehow disperse the blast. But this was deadcenter in the back.

That annoyed me a little. It's probably just lack of experience with weaker guns, and being spoiled with strong ones, but I would almost prefer to have the old guns back, just slower firing rates would be in order.

Everything else about the patch is spiffy, IMHO. I tried the one idea that someone suggested, to stand in the corner in light stance and let everyone hack at me. I died within a minute. So I dont place much faith in that experiement.

I can see how people might get pissy at the gun end of the patch. Give it time, people, you'll get used to it. Or you can whine and moan and Raven will change it back.

Shock

The ammo limitation for the Repeater and the FC-1 Flechette introduced in the patch has made them just about useless.

In guns games now, most of the game is spent collecting ammo.

This is not fun.

Four shots (or 12 if you pick up full ammo) are not enough to defend a flag, finish a melee, or catch a flag thief for any sustained length of time.

My point is that the game before the patch was the most perfectly balanced game I had played. Now, the gameplay is unbalanced as I fight less and run around loading up more.

And I do use other weapons besides those two, but why ruin the guns element of the game, it used to have something for everyone.

Yeah, lately the lack of ammo has been getting on my nerves a little bit. I guess the best thing to do would have been to lower the rate of fire, prevent spamming of secondarys. You have to admit, it doesnt take much skill to lob a swarm of flak grenades at an advancing jedi. Lower firing rate woudl make it so you'd have to be more precise, and give the jedi more of a chance to push it back.

Of course, me, i just pull the weapon out of your hands, so its all the same for me. :)

ShockV1.89

If lack of ammo is the only problem in CTF (havent tried the patch myself yet) it shouldnt be a big deal when the usermade CTF maps will begin to turn up.

Meanwhile someone could edit the custom CTF maps and rename them maybe ? I think editing in more ammo can be done without problem in Quark. It used to work fine with q2 engined games doing it ike that anyway.

Archived