Home

Statistics on Grip

Aoshi

I was playing the other day and i realized that i dont really know all the specifics on Grip. Sometimes it works better than others and sometimes i will have full force and hold down the grip button and nothing happens. Could someone please tell me how much force level 3 Grip requires and under what circumstances it works the best (if your opponent is turned the other way, firing a weapon, jumping, ect.) . It seems to vary somewhat as sometimes i will be able to grip well and sometimes not is it also dependent on the Force of the other person? thanks.

It is dependent on nothing but your own force, and whether or not they have Absorb on. You need about half a bar to turn it on. Make sure you have them in the crosshair when you start it.

In my experience with grip both old and new it's still a little trick to master on a lower end system (which i am on) You have to be close enough, within 3 or 4 saber lenghts, and your crosshair has to be red before you establish grip. Since it has to be exactly on them lagg and your framerate is a huge factor. Sometimes when someone is running and you notice you just can't seem to grip them at all its more than likely a lagg or packet loss issure, in which case you can do nothing about it. But there are some things to do to make it more effective.

A. Don't hold it down the entire map just waiting for someone to run into it. Often if you hold it down long enough the game doesn't seem to recognize it anymore. Once you see someone get close enough then hold it down and lock on to them.

B. Grip can grab anyone in any circumstance aside from using absorb. Doesn't matter if there in the process of jumping, shooting, sabering. Try to grab someone after they saber throw and start jerkin them around everywhere. There saber will go all over the place. Big fun.

C. Sometimes when theres a group of people and you run up to them trying to grip one and take off with them grip doesn't work. I dont know if my system just laggs to much but i think its because the game gets confused with so much going on and so many people in the area that no one ends up getting gripped. I suggest dont even try to grip in a group of 4 or more.

Other than all that thas all i know. Maybe some others can enlighten us.

Archived