Home

Understanding Ravens master plan....101

starbucks

You should all really take it easy on the new patch, and Raven. They have done something unique here. I bought one game and recieved two (sp/mp). i was just getting bored with multiplayer and they updated the game mechanics. Voila! A 3rd game! Woot! Another month of excitement as I learn the new rules. I was bumped from the top of the ladder, back to the bottom with the noobs. Nothing wrong with that! I will adapt!

My hope is that they continue to modify the game, every couple of months. Add delay moves, punches, feints, etc...I will master them all.

This forum creates a fluid dynamic between developer and players with constant challenges to be met by both...why let this game get stale and predictable? Why not improve on it?

(minor notes to raven: the option to play all versions should be integrated into mod section.The backstab has become the new whoring exploit.and the new icons suck! :)

To Raven,

They just don't understand your master plan...

i like the new patch too, and i also understand that it's necessary to change certain things that were alright beforce the pach, for example the medium stance, in order to maintain balance between the stances. but i don't think that everybody understands that things like this need to be done, thus they are complaining about the patch.

but: the pull/floorsweep tactic really sucks bigtime and needs to be adressed (maybe in a new patch to come). also i would like to have the reborn skins to be selectable from the character screen because only then i recognize them "canon" (if think you know what i'm meaning), apart from other things.

long talk, no sense: what i only wanted to say is that the patch is imo very good, apart from some fixes and tweaks that have to be done here and there.but it's simply amazing what raven did on the patch, they practically changed the whole saberfight system according to the wishes of the players (less powerful heavystance, less powerful dfa)

i loves the new patch too, i didn't even really like the mutliplayer until now :)

Its crazy how everyone was getting so worked up about it, humans just don't like change you see once they become acustom to things ..in a weeks time everyone will look back at 1.02 and hate it :p

Most of your comments are valid, but i put my trust in a company who creates this quality of game and doesn't stop at that. I see great things in the future of this game...it has huge variation possibilities. I don't want this to be a rant pro or con against the new patch...i want people to understand what an impossible job Raven has, and how well they are reacting...or should i give my kudo's to Lucasarts?

The truly amazing thing about open source games is that they are open! write your own patch! mod away! I want single player levels as different as sabers are now to the original. Make it so, Raven.

didnt i hear somone say that backstab/swipe's massive power is a bug?

I don't know, but it sure seems like it. I was playing ffa the other day and that was the most frequently used attack! 4-5 kills at once in a 24 player game!

It does seem like some tweaking is in order. I eagerly await version 3!

I have to say I love the backstab. Granted, the heavy swipe should not be a an insta-kill move, but otherwise it's totally cool. :D

If your going to sneak behind someone, you'd better be sure he didn't see you coming..or else :p

I'm not even going to mention the backwards-running lamers. (Uh, okay, I did.) They can be easily dealt with with the saber throw.

I've been playing the new patch for awhile now, and I am starting to see where the skill is. Chaining combo's and timing are essential. You can med/heavy parry, switch to light, and hit before a med/heavy user can react. is there a new Hit damage chart anywhere? we need a place that is just for strategy and hit damage, updated regularly.

So I thought... wouldnt it be nice if people couldnt use the moves constantly, and they actually became the 'special' moves they were intended to be?

here, here! applause for a man who acts instead of whining. what a great solution...force powers for everything "special". You could return dfa to its original glory, knowing no one could spam it! and backstab would leave you vulnerable to force attacks on a ctf/ffa server. no one would spam if it meant they would be slaughtered seconds afterwards. i think it should cost about half of your force on one of these hail mary attacks.

Blocking should also cost something. maybe a very small health loss per attack? you would be weakened physically from blocking a saber strike, even if it didn't hit you...why not incorporate that too? it would balance blocking, and speed up the endless matches that i have been watching instead of playing.

I eagerly await ravens reply to this thread

uhh ok so in the patch, the lethal nature of the tip of the saber has been dumbed down. For instance when u do the butterfly move in medium and a guy runs it to it its as dangerous as a laser pointer dot on your chest. But if u shove it backwards and a guy runs in to it, magically the tip becomes more lethal than AIDS covered Ebola. Oh wait, wait is that the force working here? Was there a force tip power I was unaware of?

Archived