Home

Remove Cheat protection for THE DESTROYER

Garik Loran

I think it would be great if we could remove the cheat protection for the THE DETSROYER command, so that we could use the double saber but all the other cheats are not enabled.

But the problem is: I don't know exactly where this attribute is set. I have searched in every file with a hex/texteditor, but there was nothing I recognized, that could be responsible for the cheat protection.

Now I hope someone else has more ideas or knows the files better than I do, so you could try and do this or at least help me or give me a hint.

cheats cvar (command variables) are hard coded !

to change the cheat protection you must wait for the sdk !

I mailed the head programmer a week ago and he told me that the sdk will be available as soon as the 1.03 patch is out !

so it s very soon (i hope so ...)

Originally posted by GB_StormTrooper

If that were to happen, almost everyone (espically the padawans) would use it and would look kinda dumb..

He means he wants a server w/out normal cheats, only the lightstaff. He doesn't mean making it useable by all verywhere.

But then all the n00bs walk around with a lightstaff, still looks silly. I'd rather wait for a real lightstaff anyways, I think the easter egg looks kind of silly. It's a normal saber with a blade on the bottom of the handle. But that's just me, I prefer the normal saber.

I prefer the single saber as well, and I would not use a lightstaff, because it's not typical for a Jedi KNIGHT!

But it's just that I want to have the choice, I'm just trying to do this because I wanna know how it works.

And anyway the server must choose to support such an addon.

I still like to find out if there is a way.

Archived