Home

if you worked for Raven...

PurplWulf

would you honestly care one little bit about the comments made from someone who spoke to you in this tone:

"Raven you suck, you took a perfectly good game and trashed it, I'm never buying another game from you and I'm telling all my friends to do the same. How dare you give me a free patch that this community requested and not tailor it to suit my personal needs exactly. Who do you think you are to weigh the comments of thousands of people and decide what's right or wrong for the game YOU made. I bought this game and I think I should be able to dictate my opinions to you and everyone else who plays it because I spent $50"

I know this sounds sarcastic, but it's exactly the tone people are taking when addressing issues with this game, both pre and post patch.

I can't speak for everyone, but I have to say, if I worked there, any post that even resembled that tone would be ignored completely. The people there are working on several games at once, also coming to these forums and sifting thru literally thousands of posts from people of all different backgrounds, with different needs, and trying to take a product that they already sold us, and make it better.

I've seen people reply to threads for help here with "I'd help you but I'm far too busy at work to go into any depth right now", and yet Raven, who are extremely busy working on new games, patching old games, creating new editing tools for said games, and patching said editing tools, somehow manage to take in and filter all the crap on these forums and put out a product in a timely fashion that addressed alot the complaints that presented themselves here.

do you have a right to voice your opinion on what you think is good or bad with the game? of course you do, but do you really think anyone who is in a postion to make those changes, is going to listen to the childish, tantrum like posts that have popped up since the game was released?

I've emailed Raven and their coders several times to find out about issues I cared about with the game, sometimes I got a reply, sometimes I didn't.....hey they get thousands of emails, they can't answer every one and still get their work done. But I can tell you this, any answers I did receive were polite, informative, and encouraging. If they can take time to respond to me ( one of thousands, possibly millions whose a customer of theirs) I can surely take a few minutes to post any complaints or suggestions I have in a similiar fashion.

the purple one

I think that customers have every right to voice their opinions and disapointments and complaints about a product they have purchased. Honestly, I think that's a right that you can't take away, regardless of who the publisher or developer is.

However, I think that civilized people should also put forth their opinions and express them in a mature and civilized manner.

The old saying goes "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

For the most part, if I were a developer, I'd be a bit upset if people just flamed and insulted me, but I'd be more likely to ignore them and brush them off as idiots if they just flamed me. But, even so, if I was barraged with these types of posts, I'd be forced to take notice of them (that's the sad truth).

Frankly, I don't think that Raven needs to be abused for patching the game. Changing gameplay always pisses off gamers, no matter what. It's nothing personal against Raven or particular to this community, it's just a sad fact. I don't think they deserve it, but I don't think it's suprising. I guess it's a little like piracy, it's just part of the crap that game developers have to put up with in an imperfect world. ; p

That's my 2 cents...

first of all I'd like to say HEY PURPS!!!!!! LOL zzUP !!

I think these people complain too much... pass the Wackie ToBaccie around. :D Wish we could show these people the H2 Plow move hehehehe. Hopefully a good mod making community will come out of here and make everyone's dreams come true.

Archived