Home

Mod Suggestion

Hutchca

I suggested this to Raven but I thought it might work as a Mod if it's not Already.

I would like to see a server configurable option to make saber combat a one-hit kill.

Specifically, that the saber would do normal damage to your shields as it does now, but once your shields are gone, any hit will kill you.

Ideally I would like to have the option to enable this on all combat and/or only during duels.

I think this would make saber combat much more "realistic".

It would alter tactics and certainly speed up duels.

After all, in the movies you never have to hit someone with a lightsaber more than once.

In reality (In the Movies) any hit from a saber would incapacitate anyone. Even if only 1 inch of saber blade passed through any part of your body it would sever major arteries, tendons and muscle tissue. Slow, fast or even if you're not actively swinging it. Since It requires virtually no force to pass through any material it would not glance off of your arm or leg the way a metal blade would.

Certainly when you are in the middle of a 5 person saber "FurBall" this would make the game quite difficult but it would be just as difficult for everyone.

I think that this would radically alter game tactics and pace so it should be a server configurable option that can be enabled or disabled for All Combat or only For Duels.

The Realistic Saber Mod.

Is this concievable to do as a Mod?

Has it already been done?

Archived