Home

wow... this patch stinks....

darthgravy

Man what the heck, instead of lunging in strong now we all run around backwards doing the yellow backswings like we are retarded.... hmmm ok... change the damage on the strong swing but dont make it so you cant move around with it, now its totally useless. basically you spend 8 extra points to get level 3 saber... shouldnt red be alittle better than yellow and blue? anyways all people have doen today is run backwards at you and swing, atleast thats what ive gotten, totally ruined sabering for us strong users, also double tap jump..... just a pain to drop kick someone now, it should have been an option in the menus to see if you wanted to double tap on a limp to backflip or to drop kicksomeone... all it takes are a few people to say wow red lunge is gay blah blah, no its not it was easy to get away from and you have to be dumb to get in the situation where it comes close to hitting you. if your not in a duel force push, or roll outta the way. if your in a duel saber throw. anyways red stance is now retarded the back swing thing hits for 150+ and it takes less time to do than a red swing. anyone think so too?

Let me ask you;

Do you think that heavy/red stance was better than light (blue) stance before the patch?

Yes? Ok.

So did you use heavy stance because it was better in the 1.02 version or did you stick with light stance and get "owned"?

Ohh...I see, you used mostly red stance. Okay.

Ummm...like, WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU SWITCH NOW TO THE MOST EFFECTIVE STANCE AND QUIT WHINING?!?!

If things change, you can't do the same thing as before and expect to get the same results. Isn't that obvious?

Jesus!

THIS PATCH FREAKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOEVER LIKES IT IS PROBABLY A NEWBIE. SABER COMBAT IS COMPLETELY RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY, I BET THOSE POSITIVE POSTS ABOUT THE PATCH IN THIS FORUM ARE PROBABLY FROM THE DEVELOPERS THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE TRYING TO GET US TO LIKE THEIR PATCH!!!!!! DONT LET THEM GET TO YOU!!! THIS PATCH REALLY DOES SUCK, AND WE KNOW ALL TIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK IM GONNA POST THIS EVERYWHERE

Go ahead little troll :) .

Heh..If I hated the patch it would kill me to see someone like you post this stuff. I'd have to start wondering if there's something terribly wrong with me 'cause I agree with a person like that. LOL!

Oh, and you forgot you CAPS on.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Let me ask you;

Do you think that heavy/red stance was better than light (blue) stance before the patch?

Yes? Ok.

So did you use heavy stance because it was better in the 1.02 version or did you stick with light stance and get "owned"?

Ohh...I see, you used mostly red stance. Okay.

Ummm...like, WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU SWITCH NOW TO THE MOST EFFECTIVE STANCE AND QUIT WHINING?!?!

If things change, you can't do the same thing as before and expect to get the same results. Isn't that obvious?

Jesus!

It's not the stances that are a big deal.

1. The attack by sabers is nice and accurate - very nice.

2. The blocking is way over-kill it defeats the point of the accurate attacking - it's more like here, fight the automatic defense saber AI connected to that player. Woopee, real fun.

3. The nerfing of drain, grip, and retardation of kick killed the patch for people like myself.

4. The lack of drain makes the game a lightening fest - yes believe or not dark force drain actually helped everyone by nullifying the lightening force people - they always caught wind of the drain sweep.

I rarely used grip but I thought it was super fun to fight against.

Now it's like a feather touch and it's just sad.

Making kick near impossible to use - well that did it for me. I went back to 1.02. I like my occasional kicks - when I want them, not when the keyboard/game just happens to register a double tap, less than 50% of the time.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Go ahead little troll :) .

Heh..If I hated the patch it would kill me to see someone like you post this stuff. I'd have to start wondering if there's something terribly wrong with me 'cause I agree with a person like that. LOL!

Hey the people who wanted the patch were much worse.

Go ahead little troll .

LOL

Here's a NEWSFLASH for all you pro-patch people.

The only reason you like this patch is because you:

a) Like running around like a headless chicken spinning your saber about.

b) Stick to blue and Yellow saber style, Why? Because it lets you do the above ^

c) Die frequently from force Grip (yes - I'm afraid your opponent chose a better tactic than you - it's your fault for standing near an edge idiot - get tactical next time.)

d) Die frequently from stong-style saber attacks. And NO, not the famous 'unblockable' 'noobie' jump-slash attack that you always whine about, I'm talking about well-timed powerful well-aimed strikes. If you didn't like it before the patch then learn to force pull or any other countermeasure for f's sake.

Now here's why the patch super-sucks for people like me who used to use stong style/grip:

1) Strong style used to take longer to swing, so you had to choose your moment and aim it well. Now it's too fast, less powerful and harder to aim at your 'headless-chicken' opponent.

2) Grip suffers from the same type of problem - it's slow and more difficult to throw people off ledges - which was a great fun part of the game. Theres only one kind of player who cant quickly break out of it and that would be one who just died sitting at his computer.

3) You people who are arguing that there's more skill and strategy to saber fighting: What ARE you talking about? Saber fights now are basically this: everyone SPINNING around and around using light/medium saber. Thats not counting the saddos who do that backwards lunge move (easy to counter but annoying to keep watching) It's about as 'tactical' as a room full of epileptic gerbils on acid.

And on that subject: Shutup about it being more tactical for gods sake - just admit that you were a scrappy saber user before the patch, and you're still a scrappy saber user after the patch. It just suits you to say it's more 'tactical' Tactical my arse.

One other thing - before you start saying I'm a 'noob' and that I'm obviously hating it because I can't play it: I've just won several saber games in a row on different servers. Just because I hate the patch doesn't mean I can't play well and win. My 'whining' about the patch is legitimate I'm afraid.

I've heard the old "Stop whining and learn to play the game" line. That's a great philospohy mate, but this is a FORUM. It's meant for airing opinions and disussing things. Just as well you're not a moderator otherwise no one would ever use the forum.

Game Developers:

1) Bring back the old strong saber style (but keep the new range of movements with it),

2) increase mobility while using grip, and

3) for gods sake limit the amount of times in 1 minute that people can do that backwards lunge - as a typical room full of 'dueling' jedis now looks like a Spinning and Crouching ballet class. Jeezus.

:jawa

Archived