Home

Whinus Maximus

D.L.

This isn't directed at anyone at the forums (unless he/she happens to be on the forums :) )

Playing online last night. More or less my first time playing online as I was trying to set up a match with a friend (see part 2 of this post) so in the process I got into some Deathmatch room and decided to hang around and see how good I was.

Started off (now I'm on a 56k and my ping was at best 350 and at worst 500) and killed straight away and I appeared over a hole on Nar Shadda. Lovely. :)

Anyway it settled after a minute and I started. Some guy was sniping me from below (I love this part). Think me or 3rd floor Nar Shadda, Him on ground floor. Jumped from the top floor, landed on the rafters of that building with the glass room, quick jump off there, 180degree turn in mid air, landed behind him and Force Push into a nearby chasm. his reaction!? Force Push Whore. Right.

I'm a saber only user. Not particularly fond of the guns, so I stuck to sabers. Anyways, two were having a saber fight up above be, so I jumped up looking to get a piece of the action. There were a good distance ahead of me so used Force Speed, caught up with them, quick slash at the each, they turned on me and Force Push once more off the ledge down the nice hole. What was said? Fuking Speed Whore. Right.

Now this is the killer. Was in a duel on the same server. I was using Blue Stance all last night to see how much it was improved and I was really playing competitivly but I'd wanted to play a duel for ages so I challenged some guy. Had a good fight but when I won, by jumping over him and a quick backstab, he went mental. Calling me a backstab whore, a n00b etc

This was the first time I had used the backstab through the whole game. Is this sore loser bad attitude infecting the whole community or was I just unlucky? I think I won 20 - 8 - 7 - 5 - -1 - -5 but really the abuse I got was unbelievable. It's just a game.

Now this takes me to part 2 of my post.

As I said earlier I was trying to set up a game with a friend. Which IP address do you need to know!? I had two. Server and Client. Also how do you directly connect two PC's for a game. He will be hosting it as he's on a T3, but we couldn't figure it out yesterday. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I assume you were using "The Zone" (by Microsoft) to try to setup your game?

I would advise not using Zone at all - you will get a better ping just using the native multiplayer mode in JO.

Startup Multiplayer and from the main menu, select PLAY

Then select CREATE SERVER.

Give your server a name which your buddy will recognize, select gametype etc - you can password it if you want so that only you and your friend can join.

Whoever is joining the game should have their search list in "INTERNET" mode (not local). Then just find the server name in the list and JOIN.

Hope that helped

DA

Another way to do it D.L.

Just find out what your ip address is, by opening a dos prompt, and typing either winipcfg for win98 and lower or ipconfig win2k and up I'm not sure what the command for ME is...

Then give your friend the IP address, and have him type /connect ip address in the console.

Archived