Home

Left Hand Controller..

Hutchca

I've been looking at Left Hand controllers for the PC.

Does anyone have one of these?

They seem to make sense. I sometimes loose my place with my left hand on the keyboard and end up moving the wrong way.

With a left hand controller I wouldn't have to move my hand to hit a function key or something.

There's a review of the Nostromo N50 Speed Pad at

http://www.planethardware.com/features/misc/nostromo/

and there's the Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander

http://gamespot.com/gshw/filters/products/0,12844,437760,00.html

Anyone have one of these or a different one?

How well does it work for you?

I bought a ms Strategic comander today and tried it ...

It s very cool for all the buttons and stuff ....

BUT I REALLY SUCK now !

I m not used to it yet...

Well in fact my problem is the direction ... sometimes i hit the wall and stuff...

it s funny !!

and in jk2 it s hard to use the saber too...

Well i m gonna play and get used to it lol !!!

btw what sensitivity do you use ? (in the strat commander )

(dead zone configuration ????)

i love my Srategic commander

I was leaning towards the Strategic Commander since it has directional control and the nostromo doesn't.

The Strategic commander is being marketed only for RTS games though so I didn't know how well it'd work for a FPS.

Thanks

p.s. These are the only two left hand controllers I've seen. Are there others out there?

I'm a leftie too, but I find mouse and keyboard suits me just fine. I have an ambidextrous Logitech optical mouse with 2 buttons and a mousewheel, which controls attacks, direction and weapons selection. I move using the arrow keys, with shift and control for jumping and duckíng. If a game has a reload key, or another very common function, it is bound to keypad_ins, while backspace, enter and the ins/del/home/end/pgup/pgdown keys directly above the arrow keys take care of most common functions. This works well for pretty much all fps games for me.

Archived