Home

RAVEN READ THIS: Why Pull and sweep works.

zufuss

The problem is not the damage its the fact that if you twirl around while doing it, you hit not once but twice, and if you do it right you hit a THIRD time.

Each hit is FULL damage, Their on the ground, and their helpless. Thats 3 HEAVY hits, Dead on. None can survive through that unless you have 100 health and 200 sheilds. and even then you make it out with 40 health and no sheilds.

Yes thats why you instantly die is because you arent getting hit once. You aren't even getting hit twice. But three times in about 2 seconds.

there is no defense for this, dark force has no defense, absorb eventually runs out. Its lame. Cheap and Seriously overpowered.

If Raven just makes it so that you player model freezes like all the other special moves, its a ok by me, that way you can't get those 2nd and 3rd hits in.

I really have no idea why they allowed players to move executing these moves but if they had just done it to these 3 it woulda fixed this right off the bat, i mean hell they did it to the light lunge, the medium air attack, and the heavy DFA, why the hell not the backstabs?

There are a few good defences against it. Absorb only runs out if you leave it on, just put it on when you are within range. Drain is an excelent defence, they can't pull you over if they havent got the power.

The funniest is to run towards them and dfa. Normally they are so used to auto pulling anyone within range that they'll pull you into themselves :D

Of course you can always just drain them/put absorb on then run into them, pull them over, turn 180 and do a heavy backstab on them. ;)

Next you'll be complaing that the lightsaber does damage.

THey are always going to be successful tactics and moves. Whining to Raven won't change it. Neither will starting a thread. Better off to contact the dev team personally.

Learn to counter. There is a counter for exerything.

No offense.

There is no counter to being pulled down im sorry.

The mechanics of pull in this game are wack. You can, will, and i KNOW you have been pulled down. and no You cannot leave absorb on all the time. It will happen to you, and quite often.

If you can get 2 decent pulls in rapid motion on somone it will also pull them down.

And yea i guess ill go around the whole map not swinging my weapon because that would leave me open to pull.

And what you expect me and everyone else to JUST use light side? please. There is a darkside, and unfortunately it doesn't have any means of blocking push and pull.

You act as if everyone should play the way you do, or at least everyone should be lightside. heh.

There is also the roll and pull. Not to mention teamates that join forces, and now you have 2 people constantly pulling you and BOTH are doing the sweeper move. You try not going down when you get 6 pull dumped on oyu in 2 seconds.

And i still why did they make all over special moves freeze your character but backstabs? Since when could you backstab...then TWIRL around in a 360 circle killing everything in you way.

there are several counters to being pulled down.

One of them is so pwrfull in 1.03 is over pwrd

I was one of the first on my ctf servers to start using the pull tactic. Also one of the first to come up with its counters

right...

The matter still stands..THIS is the reason backstab is so cheap.

You dont hit them once.

Fix this and the whole backstab issue becomes moot. Not to mention its the way its supposed to be. You shouldn't be able to swing around hitting them over and over again with 1 swing at full power.

You can always turn on protection when you are on the ground, that way you get to survive two backslashes instead of one. :)

Seriously though, protection and light stance are about the only things that can save you from being taken off your feet and stabbed.

Archived