Home

patch half-attempt

Jerol Seren

I gotta say...I'm completely dissapointed with this patch...after all the requests for some new models, not even one got added. And the only new maps were duel maps...there ARE other types of games :p CTF/CTY needs a lot more maps...it has like, what? 3 maps that are typically played. Blah...very dissapointing.

I think you need to bare the following points in mid:

1-Most of the requests were to address balance issues (e.g. turning during a DFA etc.)

2-The patch was released very fast (considering the game hasn't been out that long).

3-Other members of the community are making models and levels to add to the game.

4-Raven are currently busy not only addressing the (so - called) balance issues, they are also working on SoF II.

5-Another patch is rumoured to be coming out soon anyway.

Just be patient and thankful for what you've got so far. Raven has done an exceptional job of supporting the community right now, not only in listening to what people have had to say (even when they did so in a less than polite manner, which by no means do they need to take), but getting out a patch this soon to solve those problems. Of course, not all complaints are going to be addressed in the first patch (you can't expect them to get everything right and satisfy everyone the first time).

Oh and BTW, duel is probably the most played gametype, which is why they added new maps for that first.

As they say, good things come to those who wait, so just be patient, and thankful that Raven (unlike soooo many other companies) actually listens to what we have to say and are eagerly trying to provide (and doing a good job at it too).

Archived