Home

New Counters

Fubs

well i have been lurking here for a while, and the new patch has forced me to raise my voice.

The new patch has almost killed lightsiders, heal and absorb are practically useless now. Which leaves us protect and mind trick.

I noticed that absorb doesnt stop anything any more, it gives you force but is no way a counter for anything. The damage still gets through.

Lightning cannot be stopped by anything (neither absorb or protect seem to work)

Absorb doesnt work against grip - didnt try protect

Push/Pull still do their job

Does mind trick work against grip - i never tried.

Throw should still work against grip

---

It may be that i didnt have absorb up high enough, but it seems that now a light side player has to have a lot of points in all of their powers to defend against the dark, otherwise a smart dark player using absorb/grip/lightning can easily find the cink in the lightsiders armor and just stick to the one power the LS player cant defend against.

Just trying to adapt now all my old strategies dont seem to work any more.

I'm trying to make up new ones, im just asling if LS has any more counters to DS attacks that i dont know about, or that its just me playing with 2 stars in absorb when perhaps i need 3

Is anyone really threatened by grip anymore? It's not like I couldn't disable it in a half second with Absorb, but geez, sometimes I let the poor darksider float me around a few seconds out of pity for the pitiful sap.

If someone gripped me I would let him dangle me over the edge... and then PULL him! I have done this so many times by now and it gets funnier every time.

"Ooooh, I got him and he's not resisting! I'll chuck him off this ledge..."

"Think your smart, huh? *YANK*"

"Aaaaaaaaaargh!"

"Aaaaaaaaargh! Heheh..."

Is anyone really threatened by grip anymore? It's not like I couldn't disable it in a half second with Absorb, but geez, sometimes I let the poor darksider float me around a few seconds out of pity for the pitiful sap.

Lol! That really is very decent of you ;)

Originally posted by UsEr-X-

Wow FUBS, now you can go join the patch haters club and take turns sucking eahothers cocks! CONGRADULATIONS ;)

if you are going to be retarted, can you at least speak in english? 'eahothers' should be 'each other's'. 'CONGRADULATIONS' should be 'CONGRATULATIONS'.

Archived