Home

jedi

Lord Helmet

i just need clarification...

Where the hell does anyone get hte #'s for amount of jedi for servers

I hear 3-6 per 3000 or 100 to 3000

Where are you getting this info from

The only hard facts I have found said that EVERYONE has the potential to be a Jedi... You just have to follow a certain career or something of the like. So once you become force sensitive you get a master to train you which should be feasible, it can't be THAT hard or else there wouldn't be any jedi.

And people keep saying that when the bounty hunters and the such will keep the jedi #'s down by killing them, i got one thing to say. DEATH isn't permnent so that means nothing. The most i can think is that you will lose some skilll or maybe just lose items unless you ensure your good ones. So the dvelopers said they won't say a certain amount of people will be jedi, so how will they stop the #'s from growing?

People are saying the path is all arduous only few will make blah blah blah.. Well all you have to do is mess around with different careers right? or jusr use force persuade on a dev :p .

The one thing i can think of is that if you die a certain amount of time use lose your force sensitivity or you lose too much skill but im ont sure how that even works so im just kinda lost in the subject.. Anyone know anything more thats actaully known to be factual not speculation? thnx

yeah, as for teh numbers, tehre will definitely be more than three or six...that wold just be rediculous. Eventually, I agree that there will probably be a large flux in the jedi numbers. But that'll be a ways away. You'd be surprised at how small most of the people's attention spans are, and not many people will be able to stand rebuilding lightsabers when the first one doesn't work or lifting rocks and moving them to build up control over the force. All it will take to be a jedi is alot of patience, and not many people have that. Just trial and error, and if you're persistant enough or lucky enough you'll get it, the whole idea is that while everyone has the potential it's only the patient that will reach it.

my theory is a little bit more educated then others thats why i consider mine a little better.

I think that the jedi's will always be increasing and the only way they'll end is if the character is deleted or not used...

But the population of nopn-jedi will always be increasing more because less people are not patient ass gaalgoth said...so its not so much how many per server it just in all how many people are jedi compared to non-jedi... The way that will be determined in my speculation is that in the begging there will be more ways that you can become a jedi then as more come the ways of becoming them will be come slimmer that just my guess i tihnk thats it

ex: If bob the zabrak is a cook and one days he becomes force sensitive but he could aldo been a bartender and a gun maker to become force sensitive

but then lets say there more jedi as time goes on and he now could have only took the path of the cook to beomce force sensitive

Anyone agree?

no no, that means that it is the only path for YOU to become a jedi....multiple people can become force sensitive by being a cook, but that doesn't mean that all will be force sensitive just because they are cooks. I don't think they'll limit it that way, but they might. Then again, that would make sense....because as the force sensitives are deleted or as the loose their sensitivity, the path would be re-opened.....intriguing.

just had a crazy idea....maybe they've implemented something that makes so every intterval it changes what aspect you need to do to become force sensitive..maybe you've just changed to anothre career to see if that makes you become force sensitive while the real career just came onto the one you canged from...scary thought:(

The numbers that I have heard the Developers throw around are that Jedis will be 3-5% of the population. So out of 3000 players if we are lucky 300 of them will be Jedi and 2700 will not. The Devs will also have a way to control the amount of Jedis so, even though it will fluctuate it will mostly stay around those percentages.

Kiyamon - Minister of Deplomatic Relations

Trinity Republc Email me

And of course they ability and way the dev's will control the number of jedi is a mystery, so that information will just have to be revealed when the game is released.

Rommel

Designer

Manufacturer

Meglomaniac

Rich Bastard

:naughty:

"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"

God you people...the professions pretty much are classes. Just cause they're called professions doesn't mean anything, it's the same basic principle. And no, the chances are equal for everyone; the devs have never said that they will get narrower.

well quoting form the movies i saw that the smaller teh # of dark jedi gave the indivuals more power.....so maybe thats true with becoming a jedi..the more there are the less likely you'll have the chance to become one...remeber its only speculation

I get the feeling the numbers really will be kept down, and in two ways.

1. Everyone has a CHANCE to become a jedi, but that chance is incredibly small by all reports. 3-5% of 3000 is 90-150 people out of 3000. To me that sounds quite reasonable. You'll first have to become force sensitive through a random series of events that you'll never be able to replicate(or so the devs hope). Then you have to train and train, this lead to....

2. Being a Jedi is for the dedicated and serious player. I doubt you'll see 'I am a rockz0r j3di master w00t w00t' too often. Or maybe you will, then you'll get to see that person stomped on by bounty hunters, dark jedi etc. It's only a guess, but my opinion is the devs will make it a long, hard path that calls for a lot of patience and adherence to strict rules. Being a jedi is a not a path of excitement and adventure.

Being a Jedi is still something for everyone to aspire to, I just think a lot of people will be surprised by what they think Jedi are and what the truth turns out to be. They'll be hunted and killed ceaselessly if they dont take vigorous precautions. The path will be long and hard. I know most people will be saying 'oh thats fine, as long as i can be a jedi!' I have an inkling that not how it'll turn out once the game is released.

why do you think they'll be hunted every 20 seconds..you must "earn" a bounty for example not completing a task or failing something or stealing goods..not just for no reason, and if you are a jedi it still won't be announced to the world...even if it is i dont tihnk everyone will walk up to you and try to kill you..even if they did you're a jedi for god's sake you're the one of the best fighters there .....and when you have enough people or gang that kills jedisi don't thin you'll know that you're fighting a jedi in the first place...no one ever said they had to weat robs and crappy hair styles like obi wan kenobi que gon jinn and yoda lol

"why do you think they'll be hunted every 20 seconds"

Because the little we've read from the developers says that it will be pretty damn long from a breeze to play a jedi. That it won't be a cool party trick add-on to your character, as you seem to think of it ("yeah, I'll be a bounty hunting mercenary, that is a jedi too!").

And if it I going to be so hard, then it is not strange that people speculate in WHICH WAY it will be so hard.

Theory A:

It will be freaking hard to become jedi

Theory B:

It will be freaking hard to keep on being a jedi

I think a combination of the two is to be expected. And if it would be so easy to hide your abilities that you simply don't flaunt your lightsaber everywhere, then why does the dev's say it will be hard? They, if anyone, should know...

And well, most jedi in the movies could sense other person strong in the force for miles... why wouldn't it happen in the game? There's a reason Yoda hid on the most isolated swamp planet he could find...

i don't think that the 5-10% Jedi population will be a limit. I think it will be more of an average. The trick seems to be getting force sensitive. Then, while your still force sensitive (it can wear off i guess) start your path to becoming a padawan (probably seek out a jedi NPC). probably as time passes "how to become a jedi from force sensitivity" will be exposed, perhaps even a way to become force sensitive. The number of Jedi's will probably increase as time passes.

People can move from one server to another (if your outcasted with no hope of redemption you can switch servers). So maybe a server with all Jedis will exist in the future, heh (not bloody likely).

ps :duel: <----that is too funny ;)

Archived