Home

Saber MP Code and Realism

Xilimyth

Well, I just had THE most agonizing Duel. The duel lasted literally 140 minutes :/ My friend and I both went at each other, DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT, He finally hits, I heal, DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT, I hit, he heals..... oy.....

I have to admit, I love the new saber code, but I think if you actually hit with the saber, it should be a nice clean cut. Turning on the dismemberment and trying again was FAR more fun and quicker fights...

*sighs*

And no, this isn't a rant, but after that fight, my perspective changed... More defense, sabers should hurt more... kinda like a rock paper scissors type system between Saber offense and Saber defense (anyone who plays White Wolf games using a Dice Pool should know what I'm talking about).

PS - No no force server replies or flames of skill and the like. We're both veterans of the game and know each other's style. A very nice Jedi vs Jedi battle. But the sabers just didn't wanna hit hard enough :/

I would tend to agree. The patch leaves a few things to be desired when it comes to realism. BUt then again, lightsaber battles between master Jedi are supposed to be long and drawn out, but not 140 minutes.

Yes, I am familair with WhiteWolf Universe.

I am an Avid player of Mage, Vampire, and Mummy.

Mage opened my eyes to life quite a bit, and Vampire only added to the spice of the supernatural.

But I agree with the Paper, Rock, Scissors.

In real life Sword combat, they rarely last that long at all.

I am a student of Japanese Kenjutsu now for over a year, and other various martial arts for several years.

In real sword comabt, the duel only lasts about 1 min between skilled opponents, and that is considered a Long duel. Usually its over in a few seconds at most.

Nice to meet someone else who knows Whitewolf. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt care much for Wraith, as Mages can smoke them. Werewolf isnt my style, as they have no self control and like to rage everywhere, instilling delerium into all the sleepers. Not to mention that they dont live very long at all.

Hunter I never played. But I heard it was vicious. Sounds like my kinda game. ;)

All hail be to the Mage, the most potentially powerful of all in the White Wolf Universe. But damn that Freaking paradox...it blows! (quite literally sometimes, hehe)

Archived