Home

Finishing combos

Pedantic

I don't know about you all, but with this new patch, I am having difficulty finding a consistent finishing move. This is true in duels, but mostly in FFAs. I don't know what it is--I can hold my own fairly well, but when it comes to just killing someone, it is most difficult for me. So, I was wondering what are y'all's favorite finishing moves or combos that actually work to finish someone off.

As most people will tell you, the "Assfighting" technique seems to be the most effective. What this means is in yellow stance, walk backwards towards your opponent and hit attack. You will do a wide sweep that is near unblockable, and almost always a one hit kill.

Personally in TFFA I tend to use grip/push/pull asnd have my teammates get together in one area. I grip someone and they mob him. Usually they all run at him with the yellow assfight move and it works well. Yes it sucks to the person it is happening too, and for the sake of balancing I hope they change it in the next patch, but for now -- very effective. (Anytime almost 50% of people spam a single move, it needs to be changed...)

I do have a question though. Since the patch it seems to happen more often, but it would happen before as well. Has ANYONE been able to figure out how to get your saber to spin around you indefinitely? I have done it in bot matches not intentionally, but consistently. And the really WEIRD part is that while you are spinning it around you, your force is not going down. I don't remember but I don't think it goes up either. Perhaps your recharge and use rate is even, therefore it seems as though it does not move? Not sure but man, 5 kills with it was pretty neat =P It moves pretty damn fast too!

If you sidestep away from the sabre just before it gets back to you after a throw and hold down the primary attack button, it spins around you. It's hard to time though - but I've seen people do it very well.

I've even once seen a guy on the Raven duel map get it to do this near a corner of a wall, then run away and come up behind someone who was standing there watching it - and the sabre was still going - it didn't come back to him until he went up to near it again. It was quite bizarre - but I'd love to know how to do that.

Archived