Home

Confirmed! Obi-Wan on Xbox

Guest Dave Maul

Guest Dave Maul

Taken from ps2.ign.com:

"It's a sad day for us PS2 guys...We have lost a game to another system. Sniff...sniff...In what apparently is a diversification process (and part of Microsoft's major begging campaign), Obi-Wan, which was originally announced for the PC and rumored forever to appear on another system (i.e. PS2), is going the way of the Xbox. We hope it sucks! (Just kidding...)"

About friggin time they announced the console, but I dunno why they didn't just leave it till E3 at this time.

------------------

Banner.jpg

Guest Kurgan

How about a URL or two, mmm? I just checked out ps2.ign.com and I don't see anything about what you just posted. I know long ago they had a post *speculating* about Obi-Wan, the week the PC version was cancelled, but this stuff you are talking about sounds new.

Well?

Kurgan

Guest Kurgan

I see, thanks! I see their Xbox page has it posted too (complete with a link on JK.net to it).

I would normally take this news with a grain of salt, but this merely confirms my "hunch." ; )

Kurgan

Guest Garindan

who cares! It's just a game. What we REALLY need is a swoop-racing game. Now that would rock. I've been playing podracing and the swoop chase in sote, and i think i like the swoop chase. And THEYBETTERPUTITFORCOMPUTERBECAUSEI'MNOTBUYINGANOTHERCONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if it comes to ps2, then maaaaaaybe.

Guest Bakudo

Yeah a swoop bike game would rock. But what I really want is Dark Forces 3. It's been a long time since LucasArts released a shooter.

Guest Dave Maul

lol, yeah I back, for a while at least. Said I would come back when they annouced Obi-Wan's console so here I am smile.gif

------------------

banner.gif

Umm...this makes NO sense. PC and Xbox development are SO MUCH ALIKE, it's silly. Why cancel the PC version when the Xbox version needs only a handful of tweaks to get it running?

Unless, of course, Microsoft struck a DEAL with LEC to have Obi-Wan be Xbox-exclusive. I guess that makes a bit more sense, because it then forces PC gamers into buying an Xbox to get one of their favorite licenses...

But I still think it's pretty low. Obi-Wan would make a terrific FPS, but I guess LEC's business and marketing heads are in control.

Guest Dave Maul

But it's not actually an FPS though, is it? From the video footage I saw ages ago, it's a behind-the-back view a la Shenmue.

I think it was done because more people are likely to buy an Xbox than have a high-spec PC. Not because one is better than the other, but consoles are more mainstream than high-end PCs.

The deal thingy is also possible, that's what they did with Oddworld on Xbox.

------------------

banner.gif

Guest Garindan

i think i'm 1st person shot out. I wouldn't mind a dark forces 3 though, although i would rather have a swoop race game.

Archived