Home

Can't see models/skins as choices in MP

TerraFORM

Likely a n00b question, but I cannot see any new skins/models as choices for player appearance in MP games. Surely these skins/models aren't for SP only? If so, how do I tell which is which beforehand? What must I do to see and use these skins in multiplayer games?

That said, I am always having to reset my game settings each and every time I come into the game. Even if I start MP, go to settings and set things to my liking, if I go out and return all my settings are now gone; they weren't saved. Any thoughts as to why this is going on?

So, to sum up, I can't choose any of the new models or skins that I download for use in multiplayer, and I always have to reset my settings each time I play.

As far as the skins problem, if you're joining a server, it's very likely it's a Pure server, which doesn't allow skins that the server doesn't have, doesn't give you the option to choose them. One way to test would be to go to the Settings before joining a game and see if you can choose the skin there. If it's an issue with the server being Pure, the only real way to use the skins is find a server that is not pure.

Next possibility is the skin might not be in the proper place. After you download a skin you must unzip it and place it in your GameData\Base directory. If you put the .zip file in there, it won't work. You have to extract the .pk3 file from within the .zip file.

Hope one of these helps.

BradFu!

Archived