Home

A lightsaber should cut you in half. Period.

turner

It won't stop me from buying the game, but...

As the subject says.

Look, the lightsaber is simply the most elegant, coolest weapon ever created for the big screen. Why water it down?

Danger, danger, danger. This is why it should only be used by skilled individuals.

One-hit kills might seem harsh, but look, that's how it's supposed to be.

Not just dismemberment but serious injury even if you're scraped with it.

In fact, I think if you whack someone who's swinging a lightsaber, and it flies out of their hand spinning and kills you, too bad. Of course, if you're a skilled jedi, you should be able to block it.

But back to the subject. Yes, for longer fights, it seems non-kill saber hits are inevitable.

It would be nice, however, to implement a very, very, very dangerous version of the lightsaber - the way it's supposed to be, though this may warrant a new saber fighting system, and probably a whole new dedicated game...

You know, Jedi Knight: Lightsaber. Something like that.

Mate I agree with you..

There should be a "Deadly Saber"-mode or something, which also includes some real cool ending animations when someone is hit by the saber and is getting cut in half or something. That would dramatically improve the game.

Again, I mean there should be an extra mode for this, not change the whole kickass lightsaber system that it is now.

Sigh...another one of these posts.

Who gives a bantha fodder if it kills in 1 hit in the movie, by your logic BLASTERS should kill in 1 hit too? Well guess what, people would just use the blue stance and saber throw to kill people, picture this in your mind and see how much fun it would be. NO fun, whatsoever. Duels would be useless, force would be useless, people would just throw and slash, hoping they kill before they get killed. Same goes for guns. Think before you post something please.

Yeah... but the "mod" or whatever anyone wants to call it is for people who are too lazy, lame, dumb whatever to put to type it in the console. I am a combination of the first 2 so I used the "mod".

:D

Originally posted by turner

It won't stop me from buying the game, but...

As the subject says.

Look, the lightsaber is simply the most elegant, coolest weapon ever created for the big screen. Why water it down?

Danger, danger, danger. This is why it should only be used by skilled individuals.

One-hit kills might seem harsh, but look, that's how it's supposed to be.

Not just dismemberment but serious injury even if you're scraped with it.

In fact, I think if you whack someone who's swinging a lightsaber, and it flies out of their hand spinning and kills you, too bad. Of course, if you're a skilled jedi, you should be able to block it.

But back to the subject. Yes, for longer fights, it seems non-kill saber hits are inevitable.

It would be nice, however, to implement a very, very, very dangerous version of the lightsaber - the way it's supposed to be, though this may warrant a new saber fighting system, and probably a whole new dedicated game...

You know, Jedi Knight: Lightsaber. Something like that.

I like that idea.

There is potential in this game for some simply awesome saber mods.

Sadly I haven't heard of any in development.

I hope episode 2 gives everyone SW fever and someo 0ne makes a kick ass mod.

Hahahaha, that's awesome! :p

Well... I just thought that it was unappropriate to post links to other sites which are on the same subject... kind of at least. You know like if I was drawing the crowd away from here or something like that :)

What is your language exactly? :)

Actually, thanks for reminding me.

Yes, a mod/option for 1-hit kills with weapons, too.

Why not? Just make it an option. Rogue Spear-like. Maybe you get hit in the arm... maybe the head.

Keep in mind that these ideas aren't necessarily intended for JKII, but merely bouncing off the sounding board with it in mind.

I've been playing the demo, and it's great - gonna buy the game tomorrow.

But there's no reason to think it isn't a valuable resource for future development for both mods/add-ons and other games.

Originally posted by Bl4de

Sigh...another one of these posts.

Who gives a bantha fodder if it kills in 1 hit in the movie, by your logic BLASTERS should kill in 1 hit too? Well guess what, people would just use the blue stance and saber throw to kill people, picture this in your mind and see how much fun it would be. NO fun, whatsoever. Duels would be useless, force would be useless, people would just throw and slash, hoping they kill before they get killed. Same goes for guns. Think before you post something please.

Kal-El how did you manage to get such a massive stick up your ass? All you ever do on these forums is flame and whine...please at least post something that isnt sarcastic or rude for once.

On the original topic, I agree it would be darned cool. IMO the best would be to be able to control the block so you could hold a key to actively block but you couldnt swing your saber but you'd always stop moves in about a 90 deg. arc. Then make a saber style (dark dark purple or black) that will cut through any and all shields and automatically kills. Just my 2cents.

Archived