Home

what about

Dea

I keep hearing how people want the backstab out of the game, just like the 'overpowered' DFA

I am wondering, would it not be better to introduce more power moves instead of removing all of them? Removing only leads to longer and longer duels, give the mindless people who just hold their attack button more advantages, etc.

People complain about others that constantly do one move, but look at it this way, they HAVE to use that move because it is the only thing they can chose from. Everybody wants to win their duel, and not spam their saber for 10 minutes, and let the outcome be totally random. Interoducing more moves will give them more to chose from. Especially if all of them are an efficient countermove for another move (kinda like a rock-paper-scissors idea?)

your input please

i agree with you, but i don't think people want the backstab out of the game, they want it toned down, just like the DFA was.

and since the pull/backstab combo is almost 100% deadly this is a good idea. but instead of altering the backstab i would appreaciate, just like you, counter moves for things like those combos.

I think they'd like it removed from the game. I say removed because this doesn't mean you totally have to nerf it.

If there are more viable moves that overpower it and cause the Janitor to be used less, it could be 'removed' from the game.

Or you could edit the animations and timing of them. Instead of having the Light backstab be a quick and powerful move, make it a style move. Your player spins and lifts the saber a bit above his head then jams it behind him, balancing the move and looking uber-stylish at the same time.

been thinking about this some more, and maybe a good idea would be something similar to a block button.. a counter button.

You use this button to counter moves like DFA, lunge and backstab, or the yellow special move, and give you a little advantage. The harder the move is to counter the bigger the advantage.

For example, countering the DFA should result in a saber lock to the advantage of the one countering etc. etc.

Archived