Home

Cheats

coomberyoung

Help I,m just a bigginer as far as computers are concerned and I,m trying to use the cheats. (Ive aready completed the game). But I cant seem to "get into my console" While in single player mode I press the shift and ~ keys but nothing happens I dont even know what getting into the console means,

Can anyone help please, as I would like to play some of the early levels with the fun of full force powers.

Do press the [~] and the [shift] at the same time???

If you do, a text menu drops down in which you type the cheats and other "console" commands.

History of Computing Lesson and Linux Port Lobbying:

"Console" comes from the text commands of a Unix based system like Linux. The console is a text based command envirnment which runs within the Graphical User Operating System (GUI). The developers of the Quake 3 engine (which JK2 uses, as does Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force) borrowed the term from this type of computing. Linux, for example, has a GUI called the X-Windows system which sits on top of the text-based operating system and allows a usability like is found in Windoze or a Mac computer.

The Quake 3 Engine and many games based on it have also been ported to Linux. In fact, many games are starting to be,...

I hope JK2 is ported to Linux as well as it wouldn't take long. Presently JK2 is one of the few Windoze games that can be played almost error free in Linux using Transgaming's WineX 2.0 portability layer (haven't tried it yet).

see;

http://www.transgaming.com/dogamesearch.php?order=working&showall=1

for a list of games for Windows that work under Linux using this portability layer.

Archived