Home

1.04 just a rehash of 1.02??

ShogunBlade

god i hope so...

imo this is what needs to be done..

1 blocking reduced to frontal attacks if you are stationary

2 collision mapping tweaked (no more slashing thru people and no damage)

3 make all special moves unmoveable when executed and make them blockable

4 backstabbing should run a risk to use not only should it be blockable.. but it should also incurr a penalty of 2xdamage if countered (that will make people think twice about running backwards)

5 slow up the blue stance it is wayyy to fast

6 return yellow to 1.02 standards minus what i have previously stated

7 return the original damage settings for all stances except blue. low damage for quick strikes is more balancing

8 make scripted moves (bound moves as well) locked from servers unless cheats are enabled because lets face it.. a bound move is a one button cheat..

9 saberlocking with modifiers and less likely to happen as in 1.02.. what i mean by modifier is if you swing in red and someone swings in blue the red should have the advantage due to the power of the swing..

in the end what you will have is very balanced dueling that calls for skill and timing to score a hit.. styles will vary back to before the 1.03 because people will favor all stances again.. not just blue or red or yellow people will actually switch up in game for optimal useage.. you wont have "special move whores" because they will think twice about devoting themselves to moves that can seriously hurt them if failed..

these are just my opinions you understand.

> 1 blocking reduced to frontal attacks if you are stationary

I believe the game is already set up so that different stances have defence 'windows'. As in blue provides weak, but full, coverage around the bulk of the player. Red otoh only covers your front.

It may be bugged or not working all that well, but seems like the best option.

> 3 make all special moves unmoveable when

> executed and make them blockable

Most of them already are, only on the yellow sweep can you rotate.

As for blockable, it's not the moves themself that are an issue. It's the fact that people spam them that messes things up. As it is they're already fairly easy to avoid and/or counter. Just back off a bit. You might lose an opportunity to attack but hey you'll still be alive..

> 5 slow up the blue stance it is wayyy to fast

It also does almost no damage and is totally incapable of piercing defenses. If someone in blue kills you it's because you made an attack and they took advantage of it.

> 8 make scripted moves (bound moves as well)

> locked from servers unless cheats are enabled

> because lets face it.. a bound move is a one

> button cheat..

Not neccessarily. Seems like it'd make more sense to insert a delay for how often someone can use a special attack, since that's what the real complaint is.

You're not mad that people are scripting. You're mad that people are scripting special moves that can kill in one hit.

> styles will vary back to before the 1.03 because

> people will favor all stances again.. not just

> blue or red or yellow

Uh.. what other stances are there to choose from?

As it is, people will always pick one stance and favor it, that's the way it should be. Red is such an overwhelmingly powerful stance almost everyone uses it full time unless they're trying to do a special.

Blue and yellow simply don't have the defense piercing capability to be viable for anything more than irritating someone, and their damage is so pitiful that even if you did get a hit in the opponent will just shrug it off.

one thing first... the blocking seems to be everywhere around the player not just in front...

second thing.. all specials are moveable.. the sweeps the backstabs all except the dfa.. which is one of the only things that should have been messed with to begin with..

and as far as blue stance.. hehe i dont know if you play "good" players or not but i can kill you within 60 secs doing nothing but waggling my blue stance saber in your face.. it does an ass load of damage equal too the yellow.. an unblocked blue strike does 30 damage.. an unblocked yellow strike does 35-40 do the math..

and bfore you try to flame my post read it again.. lol i said that people will vary thier stances.. not using just one..

are you one of the zone gamers xzzy? lol

> and bfore you try to flame my post read it again..

> lol i said that people will vary thier stances.. not

> using just one..

Helps if you use some punctuation, I could only guess at what you were trying to say. And I wasn't flaming, I was attempting to translate what you wrote.

Personally I don't see why people should be "forced" to change stances. People should pick the fighting style they want; fast and light or heavy and slow, and stick to it.

If I was making the game I woulda had people pick their style at the start of a match and keep it until they die. Course in the same move I woulda balanced all three stances so there was an equal spread of advantages/disadvantages, but that's just me.

> are you one of the zone gamers xzzy? lol

Obviously not since I don't know wtf you're talking about.

Xzzy,

Are you the same Xzzy who used to post on the Geezer board before it became Wankerville?

Stop by the board, we've got a dedicated Jedi Knight server, you can join Pyl and I for some duels. Hope to see you there.

If you're not the same Xzzy, well then never mind.

Dain

Cool, and you can tell them all I said that, if they don't know it by now then they're helpless. Actually, it's more the non-GFH who are primarily the wankers, but that's beside the point.

Server addy is gfhjk2.servebeer.com.

I'll give you l337 admin powers if I see you on there, it's almost a full time job booting wanks ;P

Archived