Home

other taunting

Pseudonym

Couldn't both possabilities be right? Oh, and about the spinning saber taunt from the SP game... Doesn't anyone else think it's rather stupid that the spinning saber basically CHOPS RIGHT THROUGH KYLES NECK WHEN HE DOES IT? That's kind of a lame taunt if you ask me. "Ha HA, I taunt your inequities as a jed... oh damn, i've LOST MY FRIGGIN HEAD!"

if the taunt doesn't match the model of the person your fighting , hit tab it will show the correct model that goes with the taunt. It was like that in quake 3 too and seeing they both use the same engine... it's just a bug. They probably switched models like the one guy said in mid game or sometimes when i start my server people that join are all using my model until I hit tab, then I see the correct models.

No, I change models via the console all the time, and everything changes with it. The above two mentioned possabilities are correct. It's one of two things.

1. Most likely: They (changed models mid game)/(joined the game with a different model than yours) AFTER your last death AND you have Defer player models set to ON. This means new models don't load until you die; this applies to models only, NOT taunts. Incidentally, the reason why you have Defer set to ON is because loading a model tends to freeze the game for a sec or two. This isn't so bad right after you die, but heaven forbid someone join your game mid duel with defer turned off.

2. Slightly less likely: The have a new skin (that you don't have) that references one of the included taunts.

I lied:

3. Much less likely: if you change your model to r2d2 you default to looking like kyle but retain r2's sounds. (kinda wierd to see kyle screaming like a droid)

Archived