Home

Invitationals, Abyss level

Guest Redwing

Guest Redwing

Is there any way to win the Abyss level in the Invitational circuit? The one where you get Bozzie Baranta? I've long completed all of the other races with first place, but in this level I can't stay on the guardrail-less upper track, and thus can't come in above 4th place. I want to race using Bozzie! (If all else fails, is there a Racer editor?)

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Guest pickling_joby

The key to this level is to stay on the top track at the start of the lap. You really have to slow down to a ridiculously slow speed to do this. Come off the throttle at towards the end of the straight, hit the brakes, and then go round the bends with just a few short bursts of throttle, to keep you going at a speed of about 150-200. It doesn't matter how slow you go - if you manage to do this, you will take about 40 seconds off your lap time. Do this on all three laps, and you'll almost certainly win.

------------------

pickling joby

I don't know about the PC, but the N64 you can access the debug mode with a cheat and modify how high you 'float' and how fast you go, accelerate, turn rate, etc... it's pretty kewl... I'll post the cheat if you're playing the N64 version, if not I won't bother diggin' it up...

------------------

You can do it your own way

Just as long as it's done just how I say...

Guest Redwing

No, I have PC... isn't there any Racer editor? Or a player profile with Bozzie? (I'm not really interested in winning, just having all pods) And BTW, slowing makes me drift off. mad.gif

------------------

Guest Garindan

I have the n64 version, i've tried the demo for pc (and think they should've included a level that's 10000000000 times better than tatooine training, i mean come on, that's the most BORING level in the whole game, and easiest), i think the graphics in the pc version are alot more crisp than the ones in the n64 version, sorta like rogue squadron's.

Guest Redwing

No, it's the second easiest. Easiest is the second one (I once came in triple first place!)

------------------

Guest Stratyon

I dunno... The second one gets harder becouse I tend to fall asleep half way through.

At least more happens in the first one.

~Strat

www.stratyon.com

------------------

I'll be here...

Why...?

I'll be 'waiting'... here...

For what?

I'll be waiting for you... so...

When you come here...

You'll find me.

I promise

Guest theahnfahn

Hi. I'm up late enjoying my first official day of spring break. For those who remember me, I'm the one who was the best in the world at racer :o) Anyway, there are many shortcuts in Abyss that nobody knows about. I think my record for a lap in that level was something under 5 seconds. The tricks are harder to do than to actually beat the level the normal way, but if you want to know how to do the shortcuts I'll dig through my backed up files and show you.

------------------

And there he is. The reigning champion of the Boonta Classic, and the crowd favorite-TheAhnFahn

Guest Redwing

Under five seconds? eek.gif Are you human?

YES I WANT TO KNOW PLEASE TELL ME! biggrin.gif

------------------

Guest Redwing

(Not sure anyone knows how to play a network game anymore)

------------------

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Redwing

I finally gave up and used a trainer to get BB biggrin.gif

------------------

Guest Codua

Redwing, what do you mean about getting triple first on Mon Gazza? I can catch 4th place if I hurry up and lap everyone...?

Guest Redwing

I mean I passed the guy in second place twice. biggrin.gif It's only possible with a fully upgraded and very fast Pod.

------------------

Archived