Home

MP Patch Consequences......"The Janitor" (The newest member of the DFA family)

Chanke4252

Might it be possible to look at this from a different perspective?

Instead of thinking of game balance in refferance to moves, lets refferance STYLES.

When using the heavy style, there are many advantages against an opponent using light style. Saber knock, damage, and range come to mind. Medium seems to be where it should be now. In the middle. Perhaps some may see no advantage to using medium opposed to light, but again, the base damage, range, and saber knock, coupled with the almost 100% block rate against light style gives it a slight upper hand in my mind (not to mention that nasty jump attack). Now we have light. It does very little damage in normal swings, has a horibble range, and will be blocked 100% of the time against the other two styles. Yes it is fast, and yes it can handle LOOOONG chains, but really, how usefull is such a chain? How much is speed going to help you if your not doing any damage?

The answer? Two little moves that are REALLY easy to screw up. Its not about key press, its about TIMING. If I do an upward slash against an opponent using heavy style (the only way ill get by his defense) and he jumps over me (a bad move, should jump sideways) I can backstab, but only if I time and place it PERFECTLY.

As for the spammers, every game has them, find a way to beat them (absorb), join them (only until they leave) or find a no force server. In my mind the backstab, and slash moves are the only way light style has a fighting chance. Remove them, and you should just remove light style. (NOOOOOOO!!!!!)

Originally posted by Vanor

Please do, others did and said there's no differance. I don't see how there could be, in 1.02 pull could knock you down, and in 1.03 pull can knock you down. In 1.02 the back stab/slash was deadly, in 1.03 the back stab/slash is deadly. The only differance I can think of, is perhaps pull knocks you down more now then before.

How did Raven actualy nerf the DFA?

They changed it so it was no longer deadly at the end of the move, they changed it so you couldn't turn in mid air, they changed the key combo to do a DFA some. So basicly they fixed the bugs in the move, made it act like they intended to orginaly, and made it slightly harder to do. Not what I'd consider a nerf personaly.

DFA is still a effective move, and is still used on the servers. It's just not as easy or effective to spam constantly as it was. Just how is making a move less effective as a cheep/spam move a bad thing? It won't stop people from using cheep/spam moves, but it is a step in the right direction.

I believe as well they nerfed it. They adjusted it's damage. It should be a one hit move now that's it difficult to do per the 1.03 adjustments. They did much good in making it more realistic like you mentioned, but they tweaked the damage too, making it relatively useless.

my 2 cents.

yah, the only reason its screwed up now is because they nerfed/buffed random moves for some reason. The only thing they needed to do is make it so the saber doesnt do full damage when its on the ground in dfa, and make it so they cant rotate. Everything else was great. The damage adjustments were just retarted IMO. But I did like the addition of the regular single player moves instead of the old generic MP moves.

Erm i may be fairly new to this game but i,m a vetran to games in general, and it took me no time atall to figure out how to get round DFA and the backstab. Personally i just jump over em and and attack them or if the guy is really spamming just keep dodging and jumping till he gets fed up and comes at you swinging madley :D

No move is so powerfull it cant be got round, which means you need to learn some moves/skill, you all seem to want Raven to hand you the game on a plate.

Perhaps you would prefer it if they made it 1 swing only? no diff stances no special moves just forward back left rght and hit, that sounds ideal for most of you that way no one will be able to spam lame moves all the time.

I,m sorry but to expect raven to remove all the powerfull moves from a game just cos you cant be arsed to learn a way round it

seems very lame to me. If I can get round it only havng been playing 3 weeks and even then only a little bit at the end of the day as CS takes up most of my time, then you can too.

Quit maoning and go play Spyro on the playstation it`s probebly more your skill level and quit trying to ruin games for those of us that like a challenge.

No move is so powerfull it cant be got round, which means you need to learn some moves/skill, you all seem to want Raven to hand you the game on a plate.

I'm sorry friend, but you are obviously unaware of the pull/backswing combo, which, when executed properly (as it is by 90% of the people who use it, because it is so easy) is unblockable, and is a certain kill.

If, in a game like uhh, Half-Life TFC say, someone found that by combining the spy's knife with spinning around and jumping one could kill any class in one hit, they'd patch it in the next patch because it's obviously an overpowered move. I am an expert at JO, if anyone is. People accuse me of being cheap when I know I'm just better than they are, but I recognise a REALLY cheap move when I see it. No, I don't get hit by it often, because I use absorb a lot. But Darksiders have no satisfactory defence, and if people want to use powers other than absorb, they have no satisfactory defence.

Therefore, before the game degenerates into nothing but a "who pulls wins" affair, I want to do my utmost to convince Raven to patch it. That's what the people here who are writing lucid and well-thought-out critiques of the 1.03 balance, are trying to do.

Archived