Home

Will you stop playing JO because of the patch?

Silent Wolf

Will you stop playing JO because of the patch?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will you stop playing JO because of the patch?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Yes if they dont fix it!

I can actually say that the game is now up to par. Before the patch was not good enough as I'm a bit spoiled by Heretic2.

I just spent my time mapping during 1.02.... almost finished with an H2 style three arena FFA map wanna help me play test it?

I'll keep playing JK2 as well. I hope they release another patch to deal with some of the CTF issues that other people have. But this patch has brought JK2 much closer to what I really wanted in the first place :)

I think a few tweaks are in order, but over all they came rather close to making dueling perfict.

I like the game both before and after the patch. There are some things that I would change but there are some things that I would not change.

Honestly if it bothers someone that much they will stop playing the game. One of the funniest things that I have seen is the posts saying that Users hate the game and they will never play again. Thats fine but why when I jump online why do I see there names on the servers? hummm must not bother them that much.

My answer is Yes, faster that I would have before. I still play the game, and I still enjoy it, but not as much. I like playing with guns, and force, and sabers...sort of an anything goes type of game to see who can do how well with what techniques.

I can't believe that Raven would make such dramatic changes to the balancing of the game after the release date....especially months after the release date. What the hell were they thinking. This isn't the game I bought. I'm gald to hear they aren't releasing any more patches, because the first one was such an unholy mistake.

-HP

if ya like dueling the patch is decent.

That's a gross generalization. I loved no force duels before the patch. Suffice it to say, current duels are probably the worst part of this patch, for me. I'm sure a lot of people agree with me.

hmm, guess my inclinations were right, the majority of the community is either grinning and bearing it, or are starting to enjoy the mulitplayer. I think its really just a small very vocal minority that truly hate the patch to the point of not playing, although im not saying their fears / annoyances are unwarranted, i was under the impression that NO ONE liked it, im glad i was proven wrong.

-Wolf

stop to play the best game ever created? never! :)

raven did a fantastic job on the game itself as well as the patch, i wager it's a sh!tload of work to balance a thing like saber fighting, especially if there are 3 different stances.

and although i'm not 100% with the patch, i like him, the only thing annoying me is the floorsweeper move. the fact that you have to double tab the jump button to kick is hard on above 100 ping, but it's ok that way too...

but then again: i won't stop playing the game and am very sad that obviously that much people don't like the game and have to open up a new thread on that issue every minute... that slows down the board and f*cks up the overview of the whole forum

At first I wasn't happy, I had invested so much time mastering saber combat in MP 1.02, and given the changes (mainly the blocking/parries/etc which make a "normal" saber hit vastly more difficult - I'm still having trouble placing my blows as I used to.) After a bit longer I am starting to get the hang of it (I only got the patch a couple of days ago since I was away), and overall I'm largely happy with it.

I still feel the block chance is too high, but I no longer think it is grossly high ( just need to find somepeople who don't dance so much so I can practice getting past the defences :> ). Other than that, I have seen that the community is AGAIN divided into two camps over a single move - the backstab/swing.

I saw almost all the complaints about the original DFA, and agree that it needed tweaking (the hitbox mainly), but not that it was overpowerful (it was sooo easy to avoid if you were intelligent), and I have no complaints about the new version. However, now people are saying EXACTLY the same thing about the backstab - which is much harder to avoid (but not impossible). I think it *might* be too hard, but not to the extent that some are making it out. Sure it gets used a lot, but it's split into those who constantly (emphasis there) use pull/backstab or run around backwards, and those who pick their backshots tactically to suit the situation.

If the backstab is to be modified, then the chance of a saber parry might need to be reduced (atm I think hitting with a normal strike is just luck, and red stance is now rarely used because of its weaker damage and poor chance of landing a blow).

because of the time it takes to stand up it's (at least for me) almost impossible to avoid, it's mainly luck, and this is what sucks actually. dunno what to do aboout it, but the guys at raven will make good solution for this.

btw, you sad that one could avoid the old dfa if one were intelligent? true, but imo playing the game is about attacks and counter attacks, and there were rarely any counter attacks for thre old dfa, mainly because of the hitbox issue

The best duel match I 've ever had was with the patch installed, I set up a server on my machine (the best thing to do to avoid newbies and the like) invited a mate along for a ruck, both of us set on light stance and we battled in a fast and furious fasion for about 20 minutes straight, not letting up on each other for a second.

Pre the patch the matches between us lasted maybe a few minutes, which always slightly annoyed me because personally I want a hell of a lot of action for an extended period of time.

The patch has make blocking and locking more likley to occur and this suits me down to the ground, it means longer fights with more action and more of a chance to learn about the other players style of fighting. Fantastic! I have no problems with the patch in fact I prefer the new default swings and what with DFA being toned down and heavy style in general being given a nip and tuck, how can I complain?

Archived