Home

Raven: 2 questions for any of yah.

Lucky

1st off, there's been a few reports on these forums that you in fact weren't going to patch the game again.

Is this true? Was there those posts entirely false? Couldja clear that up just a tad.

Second, when if ever, do you anticipate releasing the source for the game so we can get to work on some mods that actually alter gameplay?

Be much appreciated if you could address either one of these questions, even with a 'can't answer that atm'.

ty.

Lucky

There are plenty of posts regarding this issue already at the moment. The answer to your first question is: no-one is working on one, and it is indeed too early to tell if they will make a new one. As for the second, go to their site and E-Mail them if you really need to know. They don't frequent the forums so often that there is much point in asking them things here.

Yes, at the moment they aren't makign a new patch, but i'm quite positively sure the probably will. I think they will leave it as is when there isn't much compalining or whoring, so there. jsutm e.

I read 2 direct quotes on the main patch thread, both of which were refuted to some degree, but there was no direct confirmation that these weren't true.

As for the source, yeah i could email them, or i could simply post. Not having an email addy that isn't filled with pure junk, this seemed like a better idea.

Lucky

RAVEN,

If you do read this thread, PLEASE DON'T PATCH THIS GAME AGAIN, just leave it alone this time, forget about it.

As of now, there are two entirely different versions of the game on the net, we don't need a third because you choose to cater to people who have a hard time winning.

Thank you.

i agree, the game doesn't need much tweaking, the only things i want tweaked are the janitor/floorsweep move and maybe the kick (one-tap instead of double-tap). also i would like the light stance lunge the way it was before... but that's a different story...

Actually the double tap kick is a good idea - it means you can jump when next to a ledge while following an enemy, without flipping off it instead.

The old blue lunge? Just give it back it's turning would be the only change I'd make there.

I'd allow the red DFA move to be aimed up and down ONLY (not left or right) - no more DFAing and landing on someones head without harming them. Where's the sense in THAT?

Finally, the only reason the floorsweep/backstab is so powerful is this: It "hits" at several points in the animation, dealing damage each time. More than about 2 of these and you're toast. depending on your stance, your saber may block the first, but be thrown sideways leaving you wide open for the second, third and so on hits along the path. The same for the red one. The blue stab was MEANT to be a one hit kill, the others just do that because it's the only way to bypass the saber blocking (a normal hit just doesn't go through 90% of the time)

Archived