Home

making yoda model. will it work?

kdub

i can model well but i have never made a model for quake 3 or this. i played the game a little and i was wondering if you could make a guy 2 feet tall. i might have to make all new animations. let me know if it is possible or if you can do it if i send you my model.

kyldub@hotmail.com

ok been reading these posts and stuff. i can get softimage (pirate it) and animate the model. i think someone else should skin it though. i cant find the tutorials for redoing the animations in softimage though if someone could point me there. i can animate well in any other program so i can probably do softimage too.

right now we're not sure about the animations through softimage> Personally i would recommend making yoda an NPC right now... because he would actually look pretty cool as an NPC ingame, say someone who fights alongside you... AOTC modders taking notice?

;)

he would look quite odd and out of proportion otherwise, but as a shrunk down NPC he could work

Originally posted by sithlord-II

right now we're not sure about the animations through softimage> Personally i would recommend making yoda an NPC right now... because he would actually look pretty cool as an NPC ingame, say someone who fights alongside you... AOTC modders taking notice?

;)

he would look quite odd and out of proportion otherwise, but as a shrunk down NPC he could work

I agree, Yoda model would work best in SP game because of the ability to scale models but the collision detection will need to be altered, which may not be possible Yet !

i think.. it would be possible to do it in MP too.. but you gotta change the animations.. since the collisions are gonna be like way above his head, make him jump everytime he strikes.. hahaha just like he keeps jumping around in the duel with Dooku.. =P just a thought..

Archived