Home

Does anyone like the dreamcast version of this game?

Guest darthjustin69

Guest lightbulba

my, so many abbreviations! better get to work, then.

do - fudo, oriental god of fire and wisdom

you - youthfully

look here, you have supplied no verb! this will be fixed, nevertheless...

gous - autologous

like - pelike, a greek storage jar

this - thank heaven it's saturday.

game - gamete, some kind of cell

. - .com, of course!

should - shoulder season, when tourists are at a yearly low. or high. no, no, it's low.

i - impish

but - butaclamol, a benzocycloheptipyridoisoquinolinol that has been used as an antipsychotic, especially in schizophrenia

it - it...

? - there's not much more i can do here.

by what i'm seeing, he means to say:

fudo youthfully said, "autologous pelikes thanked heaven 'twas saturday".

gametes got a domain name for the shoulder season impishly, but a butaclamol italicized?

but back to you, justin. the answer to your question is: yes. for clarification, observe this quote:

...butaclamol...

------------------

merchant_sm.jpg

see, it was under your nose the whole time!

or should i say, nosean!

[This message has been edited by lightbulba (edited April 11, 2000).]

Guest Conor

As far as I have heard, if you have played the PC version you have played the Dreamcast one.

------------------

"If there were not God, there would be no atheists."

-G.K. Chesterton

Lightbulba, you blow my mind.

Is it possible that UFOs are really the end result of technology following a course of natural evolution far into the future, then traveling back in time to study these primitive days when organic beings still ruled the Earth?

I mean, if anyone would know...

------------------

"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

Guest iguacu3948

Apparently, the PC version is better than the Dreamcast version, especially considering that computer graphics are 256-bit and Dreamcast is only 128-bit.

Guest Conor

A review I read said they were exactly the same. Believe me, the Dreamcast can handle Racer. The reviewer was complaining because it was simply a port of the PC version, when they could have done so much more to optimize it for the Dreamcast.

Even though console hardware is inferior, it is absolutely amazing what optimizing a game for specific hardware can do for performance.

------------------

"If there were not God, there would be no atheists."

-G.K. Chesterton

Guest Argath

The Dreamcast's CPU is much faster than an x86 one of similar clock speed, which is usually the case when comparing an optimized 128-bit CPU to an archaic 32-bit processor based on a 20 year old architecture.

Compare games based on their own merits, not the power of the platforms they run on. You can purchase PC hardware more powerful than the Dreamcast, but games are not optimized like they are for Dreamcast.

Archived