Home

Challenging theahnfahn

Guest iguacu3948

Guest iguacu3948

Everyone says that theahnfahn is great at racer. But I want to see him/her/it in action. If you read this, theahnfahn, please email me to set up a multiplayer game.

P. S. What/who IS theahnfahn?

Guest theahnfahn

I haven't raced anyone in multiplayer in a looong time (months), so you shouldn't be expecting much. I live in Texas, so my time zone is central, which is one hour behind this forum's clock. I am good, though, and I have proven it to nearly everyone here. But I would love to race you and show you for sure how fast I am (two people to this day have ever even won one race against me :OP). How about this Sunday? Any time during the day should be all right by my current schedule. Email me at the address shown in my profile.

Oh, and I am a male smile.gif Most everyone here knows that already, so catch up with the times!

------------------

And there he is. The reigning champion of the Boonta Classic, and the crowd favorite-TheAhnFahn

Guest theahnfahn

I'll keep the heat lobby open. You do know you can't just play this game however you want, don't you? If you don't know what heat is go to www.heat.net and download their software to allow you to play multiplayer.

------------------

And there he is. The reigning champion of the Boonta Classic, and the crowd favorite-TheAhnFahn

Guest iguacu3948

No, the race did not take place. You can't neccessarily say that he won. No one here has ever even seen me play, so I could be the worst player in the world, or the best player in the world. I myself don't know. So you cannot say that I'm dead until you have seen me race.

Guest Ikhnaton

sory, but i have seen theahnfahn race. he whooped my booty! of course, i'm not all that good, but I know he beat me by at least a full 2 minutes when we raced.

Guest theahnfahn

He has a (ahem icon13.gif ) Mac, and he says heat does not support Macs. I'm not sure about this. But I do know heat is basically the only way for PC users to play racer online, so unless he is wrong about heat I don't think he will ever get to play me. But if you want iggy, send me some of your best single player times and I will decide how good you really are :o)

------------------

Guest Ikhnaton

I haven't played racer in a while. I still haven't beaten the abyss frown.gif

Since i built my new PC (Athlon 700 babay!! biggrin.gif) I have been playing games that I formerly wasn't able to play with my old slow pc: games like Unreal and whatnot. One of these days I'll get back to playing it. After all, it was a Christmas gift from my sweetie biggrin.gif

Guest iguacu3948

Theahnfahn, post your HONEST scores for the following races. I will also be honest. This on the honor code, so I won't lie and hopefully you don't lie.

Boonta Classic

Grabvine Gateway

The Gauntlet

mad.gif Oh, by the way, my Mac, also known as the latest G4, which beats the s*** out of even the newest Pentium IIIs, does not suck, especially since it can run Windows apps at 50% Pentium III speed, but does not have an available web browser and I cannot transfer Mac files to the PC section.

Guest iguacu3948

Ikhnaton, an Athlon 700 is VERY fast, but a G4 in all comparison tests with that computer is 3 times faster.

Guest iguacu3948

Sorry, wrong icon. Meant to use smile.gif.

If as many GOOD games were for Mac as for PC, Macs would be far superior. Unfortunately, they're not as plentiful in gaming, but more and more companies, notably Electronic Arts, from which I can get free games anytime, are becoming more interested in making multi-platform games. The 97% Microsoft computer market in 1997 is now 93% Microsoft, showing a steady improvement in the popularity of Macs.

Guest theahnfahn

Ig, all of my times are at www.roguetwo.iwarp.com . I think most are completely updated. And you can trust me that all of those times are honest. So go there and check them out. Also, check out the shortcut section I put together with the webhost. Thanks goes out to Roguetwo wink.gif for the best racer website ever! He is also my number 1 multiplayer competitor.

------------------

Guest iguacu3948

TheAhnFahn, I could not find the times on your site. Anyway, here are my times:

1 Lap:

Boonta Classic-1:39.968

Grabvine Gateway-1:26.013

The Gauntlet-55.823

3 Lap

Boonta Classic-5:02.133

Grabvine Gateway-5:13.582

The Gauntlet-2:59.874

Are these any good? I used Bullseye Navoir for all of these. These are my completely honest scores. Could you give me the web address of the exact place where your scores are listed or could you just post them?

Guest theahnfahn

Well, I might ask how you did the Gauntlet times if you have never seen the website with my shortcut posted on it? Most of those times seem reasonable, but I have my doubts on your Boonta Classic time being 15 seconds faster than mine. Don't get me wrong, I haven't done a new time in that course since late 1999, so I am not saying that is impossible. But I woudn't be lying if I said more people who say they have beaten my times have lied than have told the truth. There are many ways to verify the claims of a fast podracer. First, we could race on heat. I will check on this for you, to make absolutely sure Mac users can't use it. Next, send me an email with a picture of your times! Jpeg format, please.

I could just as easily do the same for you, but ask any competitive racer here and they will tell you they have either raced me online, seen pictures of my times, or have received my tgfd.dat file that is hard-coded with the game times.

So, as you can see, I don't like the honor system wink.gif I rarely trust someone who has better times than me even if they send a picture. Pictures can be forged. What I would love to do is race you online. I will work on making this happen.

------------------

Guest iguacu3948

I did not find anyone's times on the website. However, I did find the shortcut on other sites. Macs are incapable of taking screen pictures and I don't have a scanner or digital camera. Sorry, I guess you'll just have to take or leave my word on this. I swear this information is honest, but you can decide whether to believe me or not. How do you get into the website? It seems just to be a picture and a lot of news about updates.

Also, about Heat-when I click on the link, instead of downloading the document, Netscape shows me hundreds of pages of codes, and the time required to load the whole thing onto the browser is the amount of time usually required to download Heat. I don't have anyone who can attest to my times, so I guess I cannot substantiate my claim further. However, I did get these times. I still don't know what your times are, but my times are the times I honestly got with Bullseye Navior. I usually, my times are a second or two slower than the times shown, but I really did get these times. I used a fully upgraded pod and raced in tournament mode on a PC. You can decide if my claim is valid or not, and I'm telling you that it is, but if you don't think it is valid, I won't mind. The reason I posted my times is not for bragging rights, just to see how I rank up against other players.

Guest theahnfahn

http://www.roguetwo.iwarp.com/times.htm

Ok, that has my times, and I think those are all correct. Unless the Mac version of racer has different options, you should be able to take screen captures. Look in the manual and see what button will take them for you. On PC it is F12. I checked up on heat, and it requires a Windows95 compatible system. May I ask if you have ever played anyone else online with the Mac version?

------------------

Guest iguacu3948

I have never played anyone online. That is why I wanted to challenge you. There is no screen capture in the Mac version. I cannot take a screen picture. I have no reason to lie, because I compared times for informational purposes only. I don't need or want any bragging rights, I just want to know if I'm good or not. Anyway, I saw your times. I definitely believe that they are your times, because, as you said, many people can attest to your racing skills. As no one can attest for me, you can either take my word for it, or just decide that I'm lying. Either way, I don't care. frown.gif

Archived