Home

Visual Pun

Guest wizzywig

Guest wizzywig

Here is a visual pun:

viz-pun.jpg

The first one to correctly guess what this image represents wins a genuine, officially authenticated, signed-and-numbered No-Prize!

[Members and families of the wizzywig organization are not eligible to win.]

Anyone else have any visual puns you'd like to submit?

--wiz

[This message has been edited by wizzywig (edited April 21, 2000).]

Guest iguacu3948

Dark Crater?

------------------

"Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile, send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue."-Pennsylvania Traffic Laws Ammendment Concerning the Safety of Livestock, 1997

Guest theahnfahn

Incorrect!!!!!

DARTH CRATER!

------------------

And there he is. The reigning champion of the Boonta Classic, and the crowd favorite-TheAhnFahn

Guest wizzywig

iguacu3948 was very close, but as usual, theahnfahn wins the prize--or, in this case, the No-Prize!

--wiz

Guest Chipmunkfan

Just like Jepoardy!!

------------------

Your Schwartz is so much bigger than mine

AHA! So...We meet again for the very first time!

Guest lightbulba

? + sunquest16lg.jpg

=

tartan3.jpg

------------------

merchant_sm.jpg

"outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend,

and inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

--groucho marx

[This message has been edited by lightbulba (edited April 26, 2000).]

Guest iguacu3948

No, no, no; *sigh* the quote goes like this:

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, its too dark to read."

-Groucho Marx

I know, its close enough, but, I mean, a little respect for the dead, here! A proper noun begins with a capital! Also, a MAN's best friend? What ever happened to gender-neutralism? So, basically, if you say what I think you say, it goes like this:

"groucho marx has said that books and dogs are man's best friends. Not woman's. Also, I wish to disrespect the dead by not capitalizing his name. Or, maybe, I'm just rushing."

-Lightbulba

Am I wrong? biggrin.gif

------------------

"Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile, send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue."-Pennsylvania Traffic Laws Ammendment Concerning the Safety of Livestock, 1997

Guest Starship Trooper

The solution to lightbulba's visual pun is obvious.

The name of the dog in the tartan pajamas and tam is QuestionMarkPlusTanningBed. I once had a dog by that name when I was ten years old. We called him QuestionMarkPlusTanning for short. He answered to Stupid. (Stupid was my nickname; when I called him, he answered.)

Do I win a No-Prize?

Guest iguacu3948

The Marx Brother's weren't the best; they are the best!

You're unique: Just like everybody else!

------------------

Guest iguacu3948

The Marx Brother's weren't the best; they are the best!

You're unique: Just like everybody else!

------------------

Guest lightbulba

a few answers to iguacu3948:

i'm inconsiderate. i despise the dead. i'm whatever it takes to weasel out of using caps.

also, broads like cats.

------------------

merchant_sm.jpg

...and starship, unfortunately, wrong. no no-prize for you!

[This message has been edited by lightbulba (edited May 04, 2000).]

Guest ligtbulba

why yes, drth carter, it si!

------------------

merchant_sm.jpg

[This message has been edited by ligtbulba (edited May 04, 2000).]

• 1 month later...
Guest lightbulba

it's amazing what's out there:

lightbulbA.gif

------------------

merchant_sm.jpg

[This message has been edited by lightbulba (edited June 05, 2000).]

Guest lightbulba

A Crazy Way To Die!

The News (Lagos)

March 27, 2000

Lagos - On Friday, 17 March at Kanungu, Uganda, nearly 500 members of the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God gathered at the behest of their leader, Cledonia Mwerinde, 40, a retired prostitute.

The day before, they had slaughtered three cows and had a feast. Then they gathered all their properties and burnt them and went round to tell their relatives and friends goodbye. On Friday, they gathered in their church, nailed the doors and windows shut, poured petrol on themselves and made a huge bonfire. Some of those who died were children, forced against their wills like some of their parents were, to deaths most gruesome.

As the Ugandan tragedy again shows, the tribe of crazy religionists is growing and they are spreading their tentacles far and wide. Research indicates that some of the most vulnerable people are those who dismissively think 'it can't happen to me' but do nothing to stop their drift into cultism. The danger signs are flashing everywhere in Nigeria, today. Extremist Muslims, puritanic christians, crazy mind explorationists of all sorts, are everyday hijacking attention. And, for the love of your God and humanity, also for being myopic, you may be the next to fall into the cultists' trap. Be on your guard!

Some Of The Craziest Faith Suicides

November 18, 1978 Jonestown, Guyana: Paranoid U.S. Pastor, the Rev. Jim Jones, led 914 followers to their deaths by drinking a cyanide-laced fruit drink. Cult members who refused to swallow the liquid were shot. Jones had carved a sign over his altar at Jonestown, reading "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

* December 1991 Mexico: 30 followers of Ramon Morales suffocated when he told them to keep praying and ignore toxic fumes filling their church. Ramon Morales Almazan shouted at his followers to remain calm as they began to choke, vomit and faint.

* April 19, 1993 Waco, Texas, USA: At least 70 Branch Davidian cult members died after fire and a shoot-out with police and federal agents ended a 51-day siege of the compound near Waco, Texas. David Koresh, leader of the group, had preached a messianic gospel of sex, freedom and revolution and told his followers he was Jesus Christ.

* October 1993 Vietnam: 53 villagers committed mass suicide in the belief they would go straight to heaven.

* October 1994 Switzerland: Police found the burned bodies of 48 Solar Temple members in a farmhouse and three chalets in Switzerland.

* December 1995 Grenoble France: 16 Solar Temple members were found dead in a burned house. Two police officers were among the 16 dead.

* March 23, 1997 Saint Casimir, Quebec, Canada: Police found the charred bodies of three women and two men inside a house owned by a member of the Solar Temple, an international sect that believes death by ritualised suicide leads to rebirth in a place called "Sirius." Police identified the dead as two French women, two Swiss men and a Canadian woman and said they included the house owner, his wife and her mother. The bodies of the five were found in a bedroom, laid out on a bed in the form of a cross.

Publication date: April 3, 2000

------------------

merchant_sm.jpg

the fact that you mentioned uganda, however, outweighs all of these combined.

[This message has been edited by lightbulba (edited June 06, 2000).]

Guest Kurgan

Waco's was more like a homicide. They didn't say to the Tanks, armed FBI agents, etc "shoot us, and firebomb us."

I would mention too that Jim Jones also had people injected with the poison. Those shot were those who tried to escape and some visitors.

Kurgan

• 2 months later...
Guest Commander 598

Well this is an old thread I thought I bring up from the dead...

The Good Times When We had something to talk about...

<Marquee> Epyon_Beam_Saber.gif </Marquee>

So what would that be?

------------------

The Mechanical Demon...

Epyon.gif

I will destroy all in my way...

Visit my board at http://pub22.ezboard.com/broguefederation

CLICK THE LINK!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Commander 598 (edited August 12, 2000).]

Guest Darth Jawaman

The first pun was easy! the dark side! its easy when you're living in the family of the people who invented "bad pun"! And the Marx Brothers rock!!!!!!!!!!1

Archived