Home

The Announcement

Guest Darth Crater

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Darth Crater

Yay! 204...oh forget it. This can't go on forever. This is a hot topic, but it won't be much longer if we don't get a new line of discussion going. smile.gif

Guest roguetwo

Yeah Crater, whatever. *in Ark Bumpy Roose's voice* HEHE, It's number 204, hehe.*

Wait a go Crater yeah. *gives weird look at Crater(Wait a sec, she is still asleep)*

That's all my poor mind can say. Poor me. Poor me. (what's up with this anyway, this thread is like soooo dead but it's like so alive at the same time.) Ooopps, I said something extra, oh well.

------------------

You can't beat me at podracing. You can try... but... I warned you. I am the fastest podracer on all of Malastare and Oovo IV!-

Roguetwo

Heat Profile

Guest lightbulba

my, rogueone, you're sleeping all over the place.

------------------

merchant_sm.jpg

[This message has been edited by lightbulba (edited November 11, 1999).]

Guest roguetwo

Like my new sig? Check out my profile, it's updated now and is pretty cool. Okay, that's all I have to say.

OH, just thought of something. On another note. I wanted to discuss words that are often mistyped or weird instances where you do something for no reason like a LOT. Like at the beginning of my second paragraph, I put two uppercase letters, even though I didn't mean to. LIke thit where it is on accident. Examples:

ACcidents or THat or WHat am I doing with this pointless discussion. smile.gif

Words I often mistype:

becuase. Well, I can't think. Wait! Cna't. I do that a lot. I cna't think, there I did it again, think of anymore I will get back to you. Speak up guys, don't be shy!

ROguetwo,

THere's another one. Those two instances right there were NOT on purpose, I promise.

ROguetwo

Dang it. (This sure is a long post for something originally two or three sentences.)

Roguetwo

------------------

One thing's for sure, were all gonna be a lot thinner!- Han Solo

Guest theahnfahn

I have debated on changing my sig, but I feel the one I have now is the ultimate choice. Unlike you roguetwo, I rarely mistype sentences. After a year of keyboarding I am more machine than man when it comes to typing precision. It alll boilasl doaidfn jkjsjsjkjs;akd,skaiepja.......

------------------

And there he is. The reigning champion of the Boonta Classic, and the crowd favorite-TheAhnFahn

Guest roguetwo

You ARE of the Math Side! Youre more machine than man!

------------------

Guest theahnfahn

No mathematical machine can compete to the logical powers of the human mind. Although my TI-89 comes pretty damn close.

Let me argue some very important reasons why math is necessary:

1)Without math, no numbers.

2)Without numbers, no functions or variables.

3)Without functions or variables, no computer programs.

4)Without computer programs, no internet.

5)Without internet, no Jedi Knight forum.

-------------

TheAhnFahn-Mathematical defender, numerical computer, functional applier, and king of the entire real number line (with some territorial holdings in 2 and 3 dimensional space)

I don't like math either; I'm more instinctive. Surprisingly though, my "guesses" rarely lead me wrong. . .

My sig is self explanatory; I got it from the Tales Of The Jedi sourcebook from WEG. It pretty much sums up the entire belief of the Jedi Beastmasters.

------------------

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb

Guest TrinitY2K

Yoda: A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the math side. Algebra...Trig...Calculus. The dark side of the Force are they. If once you start down the math path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did TheAhnFahn.

Trinity: Is the math side stronger?

Yoda: No...no...no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Trinity: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?

Yoda: You will know. When you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for art, music, and poetry, never for math.

------------------

yoda.gif"Away put your weapon, I mean you no harm!"

[This message has been edited by TrinitY2K (edited November 12, 1999).]

Guest Darth Crater

No!!! The Announcement has turned into a math discussion!!! How dreadful!!!

Actually, the scary thing is, that I am beginning to enjoy studying the behavior of graphs and parabolic functions. The only thing I don't understand, is where the application would be for studying imaginary numbers. I mean, they're not real numbers, they don't exist, so, what's the point. It seems to me that some daydreaming mathmatician had too much time on his hands, so he made up some numbers (like the square root of -1) and now laughs diabolically at the students dealing with the pointlessness of it all.

Okay, now the AhnFahn's going to tell me how naive I am and why these numbers are so extremely important, but I had fun venting my frustrations. smile.gif

Guest theahnfahn

Electrical currents are described with imaginary numbers smile.gif

------------------

And there he is. The reigning champion of the Boonta Classic, and the crowd favorite-TheAhnFahn

Guest roguetwo

Beware of the Math Side! Once you start down it's path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will,

Oops sorry Trinity, I forgot you posted that already. redface.gif That's exactly it. The math side is there to balance the force, but nobody should tread it's path. Never.

<marquee>SOMEBODY TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE OTHER SECRET!!!</marquee>

------------------

Guest Dark Gnaw

Who dare dislike math? Math is the path to everything. Computers were meant to do math problems and therefore without math none of those execusive technology will exist.....

I like math since it's fun to learn smile.gif geometry builds up one's logic and algebra 2 extends the study of math into a higher level... calculus and analytic geometry are just fascinating... stats and prob makes your life (in reality and dream world) a lot easier... fractal geometry.... ohhhh.....

(Another point of studying math: colleges like students with strong math level....)

Well, i am only in Algebra 2/Trig so therefore i don't know what others in higher math level think about math... but i like it.... i am going to do it!

------------------

"At last I will reveal MYSELF to the Jedi,

at last I will have REVENGE...."

Archived