Home

Single-player Skins!

hugepants

Does anyone know if there are any decent single-player skins like Luke or Anakin Skywalker to replace the default Kyle Katarn sken in single-player mode of JKII?

I've been looking everywhere, but could only find a Dark Kyle skin (that beard is starting to annoy me.

If anyone knows anything or is going to make a single-player skin, let me know.

All can be used in single player. Open up one of the single player pk3s with winzip and look at the file structure. Replace the contents with the skins and sounds you want, zip it back up and rename it to a pk3 with a different name.

i wanna see more sp jedi ........... could someone make an sp mace sundancer, mace windu, obi-wan, anakin, young obi-wan or someone else like that

i got an spluke (but he is a crappy jedi compared to the above) and darth maul (but hes evil) so please help me out.

Does anyone else know how to convert multiplayer made skins so that they work in single player? I'm trying to convert an Anakin skin (for multiplayer) using Dark Jedi Kyle (for singleplayer) as a template file, but to no avail. Help someone!

To make a skin into a single player skin (as in, to play as that skin) you need to open the .pk3 file, go up to the SkinName folder (as in models/player/SkinName), rename the SkinName folder to kyle. Go into the kyle folder, edit the .skin fiels to point to kyle instead of SkinName, then pack it back into a .pk3.

BradFu!

does the .pk3 then need to be placed in the base folder? I don't understand. It's just loading up with normal Kyle. In the MP skin .pk3, there are loads of .jpgs, an 'animsound', 'model.glm' and 3 .skin files. Which files exactly need to be altered, and how?

Yes, the .pk3 file needs to go in the Base directory.

You need to modify the folder name so it's kyle rather than skinname. Then you modify the .skin files to point to the kyle folder rather than the skinname folder.

BradFu!

Archived