Home

Kronar (wip) and questions

keto

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm mostly done with the face (still have to mirror it and add blood/tatoos on either the left or the right side of the face), almost done with the left arm, almost done with the hanging cloth thing

still need to do the armor, stomach and legs

I'll post a pic soon but like've said before, I don't have any time this week.

Originally posted by remark 666

here is a little update, nothin' much

man, if THAT'S what you call nothing much, i would love to see something you feel is a ton of progress ... it would be like sensory overload.

i really dig the multiple sabers, although i think it would be cooler if they were all different. i really dig the blood/tattoo on the arm ... pretty intimidating. keep up the great work!

Great Story. Like the character designs too. Ever considered doing a MOD with your story? I think a whole bunch of single player levels would be really cool, that way you could make the Kronar more powerful than normal jedi with the mod since they have so many crystals, also there are a lot of mods coming out with 2 saber combat, maybe you could have them fight with 2 sabers (optional), but besides my runaway fantasies with this cool idea, good job. cant wait to see how the shader on the crystals work out.

thanx adillon ;) yeah, that took me somewhat 30 min (while doing my HW, lol) I hope to see him become even better

hmm, I just got an idea, how about giving him a collection of sabers ?? he takes them after he kills the opponent :D (we can put Obis, Anakans, etc... (and maybe at the same time we'll release them as addon sabers for MP and SP modes ;) ) getting caried away.

well thanks every one for the replies :)

and now for today's woes of importation: well its still going along just mostly redoing the vetex weighting so that it doesnt look so bad. having an extra ordinarily fat "stumpy" model makes some ugly clipping occur between the arms and the stomach which i dont think that i will be able to fix. i tried to fix some of the envelope probs today but ended up making them worse (woo hoo for multiple save files :) so tommorow im just gonna try to paint the majority of the verts.

Klorel: yea i kinda planned to make an SP mod including the kronar aswell as the antijedi, but it all depends on how much free time i have and if i can think up an intersting enough story to play through/ make the maps for.

thanks again everyone :)

-keto

edit: mini-update: got the biggest problem (detached legs) almost completely fixed so now its just some other seams and trying to get the arms to wrok some how ;]

just a small update, I need your opinions on this

would the blood look better on his right or left arm ?? I was thinking right since he holds the saber with that hand, well....give your peace of mind

1 pic:

20025295833321026.jpg

EDIT: some more on the teeth, you'll see on the next pic update.

Originally posted by remark 666

would the blood look better on his right or left arm ?? I was thinking right since he holds the saber with that hand, well....give your peace of mind

of course! if he's slicing off limbs with that hand, it only makes sense. maybe some of it gets splattered on the right sides of his stomach/chest/leg/face ... you know, like a REALLY huge fight just occured, and he hasn't had time to freshen up. ;) then again, maybe that's getting carried away.

great job, keep it up!

Originally posted by ErionD

you dont get blood from lightsabers

really, since when? i guess you never do see it in the movies, huh? maybe he rips his opponents arms outta their sockets and beats them silly before he takes their sabers as trophies ... ;)

that's what so great about original characters, the possibilities are endless.

Hi all , ok, got mostly everything done, i set up all the skins and the bots/personalities. andfor the most part they work alright in game. there are still a few weighting probs that i need to fix, aswell as that pesky problem where when you do a lightstance backstab the saber doesnt turn around. i heard that the fett model had the same prob but i cant find anywhere where the prob was addressed or a solution presented it self. one other detail if anyone can help is how to get the sound.cfg of dessan i checked in his folder and its not there and fight now the shadowtrooper just doesnt grunt enough in his sounds.

i am aiming for a release date of this weekend, thanks again all of you for the support and i hope you like 'em :)

the release would have the 3 default skins of the regular kronar and the light and dark versions, each having their own bot with individual phrases (ie: the light kronar praises the great gold one after getting kills and such, while the dark kronar voices its desire to eat your entrails and feast on your blood :) it also includes the red and blue "armored" skins wich acts as kinda a promo to what the great gold one might look like. a bit after the release i want to do an addon that will have its own saber hilt, include the Great Gold One skin, more sounds, and possibly fix what ugly deformation is left.

-keto

adillon: a convenant bit about a "light" saber is that the laser theoretically would cauterize (sp?) the wound.

but with blood you just cant go wrong with :) blood splatters are always a plus in my book :p

Originally posted by keto

adillon: a convenant bit about a "light" saber is that the laser theoretically would cauterize (sp?) the wound.

but with blood you just cant go wrong with :) blood splatters are always a plus in my book :p

then in my opinion, a lightsaber has to be the GREATEST weapon ever imagined. all the fun, and none of the mess. how much better can it get? :D

i REALLY dig the "eating your entrails and feasting on your blood" taunt - how *BLEEP* although we haven't heard it yet, cool is that?! i can tell you right now, that from the progress stuff you've shared with us, the dark kronar will be my undisputed model of choice from now on.

great job, keto! looking forward to its release.

no no remark666 i really dig your skin, i assumed that you were going to release it as an addon skin. either way i woudl kind of like to release kronar individually and then anyting else can be released by the individual who makes the addon.

also the size is getting kinda large and the adition of another skin woudl make it even larger (about5.3 mb so far, which i think is bigger than it shoudl be already)

had some problems with the skins not showing up but i think i have it working now, just some small weighting things and to fix the lightbackstab thing, and it shoudl be completed. ill release prolly sunday night cause i dont have the sounds where i am now.

please understand, thank you

-keto

alright well missed the release date by a bit trying to get LODs working and i still havent gotten them to work yet, but wanted to atleast release somehting so here is the model with its 5 skins (including blue and red) it has dessans movement but for now has the evil laugh as a tuant. make a game with some of the bots (regular, dark, or light) and you get to see them banter at each other everyonce and awhile. well hope you all like it, for now since jkii.net is down i put it on my geocities account, be wary though i dont know how much it can handle bandwidth wise :p

http://www.geocities.com/corruptionroms/Kronar1-2.zip

got kinda burnt out spending so much time trying to get it working correctly in game and not modeling, so it may take a bit for the update with proper LODs and a backstab fix sorry again. i always though the backstab was dishonorable most of the time anyway :p (ugh im really sorry)

(edit): updated file kronar 1.1 (bs fix)

(edit): updated file Kronar 1.2 (leg fix, cloth fix)

yea he still deforms kinda weird on the most part because of my inexperiance, but im also attempting to blame some on the restricting skeleton. with the antijedi it will hopefully deform better as it fits a the more "thin human" animations.

any other things that you notice please let me know :)

-keto

Archived