Home

Kronar (wip) and questions

keto

hey keto

so this is where you've been hanging out huh? awesome work bro!! i've been thinking about skinning/modelling for JK2 but need to finish up a few other projects first. perhaps we could work together again on your next project....

-Holiday

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe hey holiday , good to hear from you. yea from rune to jk2 where ever there's a good melee system im there. still working with TH to try and release something and doing a small possible sp mod. i woudl be very interested in seeing what kinda stuff you could make up for jk2, please let me know when you start making somehting :)

i sent in the file to jkii.net so once they get back up and repaired, it shoudl be up for more of the community.

thanks agin

-keto

keto, i downloaded the kronar the other night and was finally able to fight with him last night. i am very impressed with your skills, but it took me a while to get used to seeing such a larger character in front of you. i didn't realize how much you DO get used to the "thin human" models out there.

i know you're already aware of this, but i did notice some funny clipping going on. is that what you meant by deformations? i guess because his body and legs are so large, when he runs his thighs kind of move through his hips. and i also noticed that his knees (i think) don't seem to stay attached when he's running ... there seems to be some kind of gap.

hopefully you will be able to have one of the more experienced modelers help you out with getting the kronar to work better with the "restricting skeleton." i think you mentioned this in the past, but when/if you release an updated version, are you planning on creating custom sounds/taunts? that could only make a very good model that much more *BLEEP* incredible.

and fyi, i hope servers will have the kronar available soon, because i think i found my model of choice for any duelling i will be participating in. that is, of course, until i create my own original character ... maybe you can give me some tips/suggestions when that time comes ... hint: VERY soon! :D

good work, keto! keep it up!

Resurrection #2:

Keto- I noticed that this model suffers from the same stance/backstab issue that is in BloodRiot and Absath's Mandalorian pack. I think it is some "saber tied to the wrong bone in the skeleton" thing.. :) Any plans on fixing this? Pleeaaase?? This model is amazing and I want it to see it reach it's fullest potential (or at least have the bugs fixed). :)

if I had a host then I'd show you some more blue CTF skin progress, it looks a lot better now

and keto is trying, i'd be nice if someone got spacemonkey and/or chesirekat in here, maybe they'll know

but this is one of my favorite models and my most favorite bot :)

just wanted to let you know that i still plan to fix it up and include sounds/ gold skin/ new saber.

the biggest problem i face right now is the LODs (well other than the gross clipping and no light bs) in the tutorial there is only a very small bit mentioned about them and i cnat seem to get mine working. also i think i am doing them a slower way than possible (copying every geo object and renaming them with _1 or _2 , replacing the 01 that cloning them puts in the name.) and im not sure if it clones their heirarchy/vertex weighting and all the other things needed.

ill try and get the deformation looking a little nicer this week while also working on another project i soon will announce once i have made more progress with it.

thanks delmar for the resurrection and for the tip about the backstab ill look around and test other bone to bolt weights.

thanks again all :)

-keto

alright very small update but i got the lightstance bs working thanks to Delmar (woo hoo :) i had bolt_r_hand attached to the bone mc7 like he said it didnt like it so i tried some other bones and then found r_hang_tag_bone which did the trick.

thanks again !

i tried some leg fixing but the more i worked with it the more ugly it got (last test there was like a 5 inch gap between knee area, as apposed to the 1-2inch gap previously. i am having most trouble with the caps it seems , for the arms it works great ...

tried moving the legs forward a bit so that they might work more like the arms but no succes got a 3 in gap instead

-keto

well through working on Yuuzhan Vong i figured out what i was doing wrong with the legs , i now completely dedicated the last few verts of the hips to the tibia , which makes it so it is unseperable (well unless dismemberment :p ) but it still looks pretty bad cause i didnt make a good knee vert setup. i have learned form this and from vong so hopefully next model will have working knees :)

also just fixed the cloth bug , had to do with the UV map , in milkshape it allows you to move the verts off of the image and it will just wrap around whatever is on the other side, it seems 3dsmax doesnt like this so moved vert in UV , little distortion during while it moves but better than before.

bugs:

try and make leg deformation look a little better

get LODs working (though not of high priority)

fixes:

legs bettter

cloth bug fixed

this quest also continues,

-keto

Archived