Home

New Saber Colors?

EL3CTRO

Hey, i've been trying to make new saber colours... I am half way there but I've hit a snag.

I have edited the blue saber so it is pure white, that was easy by just editing the textures. The problem is, however, that the light that the saber gives off is still blue, and so is the trail.

Is there any way I can change this? I've looked through a lot in the assets0.pk3 but can't find anything except the sabers.shader which I can't really understand :S There seems to be no colour values that i can change.

Can anyone help me?

if you want to get rid of the trails you can just black out blurcore.jpg and blurglow.jpg under assets0\gfx\effects\sabers. i've done that to my game and i like it without trails. but if you want to keep the trails i don't know how you would go about changing the color. i know what you mean, swinging a green saber with a blue trail really sucks.

Extract the saber colors and find the yellow .tga file i can't remeber the whole name but color it whatever you want it to be then rename it whatever it was originaly called but change the yellow in the name to the name of the saber your trying to change. If i'm not mistaken that should fix the problem but i can't remeber.

-royal

I have made my white saber to replace the yellow saber... now the default TGA file is yellow!!?? so I have coloured it white but kept the name as yellow.. and still no change.

Any other ideas??

I will try removing the trail altogether just to see if that works for me...

Archived