Home

Mara Jade

malinkie

Hey,

For my first model, i was thinking of doing Mara Jade.

This may be a BIG project but i think im up to the task.

I ws wondering where i might be able to find some pics of Mara out there so i can do some concept sketches and then get down to it.

Any ideas?

All responses welcome

Cheers

lol everyone is doing a mara skin or something.:D I just went to google, and used the image search to find pictures of her for my skin. not that I really used them much other than the face pics from masters I am using for the icons.:D I still need to find a good pic of the boots yet.:(

It will be nice to have an actual model for her because jans face looks the same no matter how much you alter the txeture.:mad:

(psst go for the black leather shiny outfit :D )

I getting on with it but its hard to find a whole body pic of her.

(its like nobody wants to see all of her or something hehe)

PVC is too catwoman like but thanks for the suggestion. i may even keep it in mind ;)

The reason im doing the model is exactly the reason your annoyed. your right about jans face.

Hey as i said before... would you maybe be interested in doing the skin once im finished the model?

just a question

Yep, that exactly the outfit I want.:D I am trying what I can with jan, but that one big glove sucks.:( Among other things. To pull of the shine I would need a shader which I cant do, and nobody was willing to help with that.:o Im still working on it. need to get the boots better, and pants. (which I can use that pic quite well:D )

http://www.x2studios.net/imagestore/SuperSVegetto/shot0028.jpg

good luck with your skin and i'll get in touch when i want this model skinned too.

Hopefully we could get this thing looking quite good.

psst! i can't get to the link above.

don't know though if i model this.. to get the shine off, i can use custom lights in 3dsmax when im uvmapping and add the shine i want to each part of the pvc..

(this is good this pic is now growing in my head ;))

"By the emperor's hand" is a good Dark Horse comic about Mara.

If you're making the black leather/latex outfit check out the skins of the nazi babes from Return to castle wolfenstein. They made the leather look very good and shiny without shaders.

Thanks all of you! ;)

Im have have got the concept art i needed, finishing it off right now acrually.

I'll start on the head tonight.

This is going to be a project and a half.

The comics helped out alot. got all of the comic artwork from

http://pluto.spaceports.com/~lms/mjc.html

Front back and side pics are of good use there..

Keep you posted.

(and yes im going for the leather outfit :D)

Hooray for that outfit.:D It will need a nice shiny shader too. Unfortunatly noone offered to help me out with the shader on my jan mara skin, so I will never get to fully complete it.:( (yes I love to complain about that:D ) I have been wanting a good model/skin for her since day 1, and cant wait. (as does a freind)

Never got a chance to start on the head last night but did get to finish the concept sketch (whole body). i'm not quit sure i've got the face quite right yet though.

i'll keep working on it and get a free web site. that way, i'll be able to post updates onto there.

Cheers

http://www.starwarssource.net/Characters/Mara_Jade/mara_jade.php these shots here were taken from Masters,(which I uesd for the icons for all three for my skins icons:D ) and since its the only decent time she was modeled in 3d I would go with something like that. (she looked horrible in MotS from shots I have seen:D ) I like the way she looks in em. Not overly hot, and not plain or anything. Comfortable.:) Plus the features arent way to strong like that Jan.:D

I found an in game screenshot of masters of her also. (very poor quality, and thats the only one I have found so far:( )

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/6/198786/teraskas_screen005.jpg slave leia too.:D

Having the jacket would be cool also. it could be turned on, and off with a surf thing idealy to allow for alot of veriety.:) But I will be happy with just the "PVC" outfit as is.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Vesentac

Actually there is a modeler out there who plans on doing Nomi Sunrider but he is currently working on another model.

Yup. Nomi shall be coming fairly soon, as well as Ulic Qel-Droma. Just be patient for now and enjoy each new model as it comes out. ;)

Archived