Home

Our maps are reviewed, and crushed.

UniKorn

I read the reviews, there's some valid points made on the reviews of the map, but then there's some comments made just to be malicious and make a joke at the expense of the mappers and entertain readers. That in itself negates the whole purpose of reviewing the maps.

the reviewer obviously seems to hold the Raven default maps in high regard....yet he neglects to mention that the maps that shipped with the game originally, were IMO garbage.

duel_pit: a circlular box with some pedastals and that annoying hole in the center

duel_jedi: no imagination at all went into that map, the spawn points determine the winner in most cases if force is on.

duel_carbon: a nice map, but very little room to move vertically, and very cluttered

duel_bay: I've personally never liked this map at all, all the fighting areas are narrow passages that limit effective dodging and counterattack

personally regardless of the flaws in some of the maps from WLS, I enjoy sabering on the WLS map pack, far more than I can enjoy the Raven defaults that shipped with the game.

also two of my favorite duel maps in the game came from your pack: duel_wls1 and duel_wls11 both are really nice looking maps with excellant playing areas that let the terrain become a factor in the moves, without taking control of how you must saber to survive.

just my .02 cents

I'm going to remove the 'entertaining the readers' parts of the reviews and rereview wls1 and wls3. I didn't mean to personally attack any of the mappers.

I don't know where you got the idea that I hold the Raven default levels in high regard. I don't actually like any of them aside from 3 of the 4 extra maps that came with 1.03, and duel_carbon is alright, but as you said, very little space even on the platform.

Sorry Uni.

I agree, carbon was too cramped. It is, however, very atmospheric. It would be much better if all saber fights were conducted at walking speed, like the movies this game, and that map in particular, are based upon.

Unikorn

I got your message, but I'm afraid I'm a Brit living in The Hague, and do not understand dutch.

Archived