Home

converting mp skins in to sp skins

master obi-wan

oke !!! good point, well i did what bradfu posted and it diden't work here's what he posted :

Here's what you do:

First, open the .pk3 file in Winzip or WinRar. Unzip it all to a temporary location.

Next, go into the Models folder, then the Player folder, and rename the SkinName folder to kyle.

Now go into the kyle folder, and open the .skin files using Notepad. Change the path from SkinName to kyle (ie models/player/kyle) for all the lines in the .skin file.

Go back down to the temporary location that you unzipped the pk3 file to, find your models folder, and Zip it (I like WinRar for this). once you've zipped it, rename the .zip file to .pk3, place it in your Base directory, and you should now be able to play as whatever model you wanted. You'll probably need to start a brand new game with the new model, though, cause throwing a new model in often causes funny things to happen like LIghtsabers sticking in your leg and guns floating behind you

BradFu!

well thats what i did and it doesn't work i always get my default kyle back

so could you tell me more ??? please nanodagiardino

Bradfu explanations are almost flawless so I will use them using an example... Let's say you want to use the john skin

First, open the john.pk3 file in Winzip or WinRar. Unzip it all to a temporary location. Next, go into the Models folder, then the Player folder, and rename the john folder to kyle.

Now go into the kyle folder(formerly know has john folder), and open the model_default.skin file using Notepad(if it has another name, change it model_degault.skin). Change the path from john to kyle (models/player/kyle_whatever not the stormtrooper lines!!!!!) for all the lines in the model_default.skin file.

Go back down to the temporary location that you unzipped the pk3 file to, find your models folder, and Zip it (I like WinZip:) for this). once you've zipped it, rename the john.zip file to john.pk3, place it in your Base directory, and you should now be able to play as john. You'll probably need to start a brand new game with the new model, though, cause throwing a new model in often causes funny things to happen like LIghtsabers sticking in your leg and guns floating behind you

Hope you make it... don't know what to tell you next

it diden't work wtf !!!!!! am i doing wrong the force must not be with me i did everything you told me to and than i zipped it and in winzip i gave the file a name and a name but i did typ .pk3 maybe that was wrong i don't now :confused:

anyway i diden't work but thanks anyway !!

Archived