Home

Binds and scripts

ShogunBlade

hmmm well people have been going rampant on the bind and script dealie so here is my take on it.. a scripted move will work only if your duped into falling for it... a scripted saber lock.. well damn near everyone has it these days except me :(... my mouse sucks and there is no way to repeatedly tap the attack button fast enough to cope with the scripts.. so i dont bitch about it.. i move on.. if you feel that using a script is a cheat then i suggest you quit playin jk2.. everyone is doing it now.. even the so called elite.. the lunge is scripted.. to the point of where you can jump a foot off the ground and do it.. lol.. because of the key spacing and the need for two hands to do this move.. it would be damn near impossible to do it without scripting.. but no biggie.. i made one too..

so in effect my take for scripting is this: raven allowed it so it must be legal.. cheating only applies if you go outside the games parameters to win.. scripting is not going outside of the parameters..

now with that said.. would someone kindly post up that saberlock script so i can have a fair shake in duels :p

the bind for the lunge is easy and i will post it

/bind key "+movedown;+forward;+attack"

Couple cases in point

1) a script is not a cheat

True but it is lame that anyone uses a script to do a move that they cant consistently do without it.

2) everyone is using them because its part of the game so I might as well too.

if someone jumps off a building, are you going to do that as well? The building was there and its tall and god gave you ability to jump so it was obviously put there for you and others to jump off of.

3) The move only works if you fall for it.

Good point I agree with this, however in my experience its usally some young kid using them who does nothing but talk S*** and then complains when you figure him out and kill him then he uses such babble as WTF and your a fag or whatever is the popular immature quote of the day. The only thing I cant stand is the move where your pulled down and then they turn and do the backwards swipe and immediatly kill you, you cant avoid being knocked down, thats just impossible no matter who you are or how good your are your going to fall down plain and simple, does that mean its ok for some lamer to run up to you and push 1 button to do a move that requires several steps to perfom without a script?? NO, if he performs the move manually he might mess it up and therefore I can get up and counter

Im not flaming anyone or trying to start a fight, just getting my opinion out on this scripting thing. No I dont think its cheating but yes I do think its weak to do a move that you cant do consistently yourself.

:jawa *UTINNI*

Archived