Home

func_breakable

Mero Vilul

I make one brush func_breakable, set some health and everything works ok... I read that I can put the "debrismodel" key a value of "chunks" "rock" and so on, but it makes no difference if I do so... It breaks as a rock no matter what I do...

is it another key I must use with the "debrismodel" key too?

or what?

AFAIK, you should use key "material" and and give it numeric value (0 to 15).

Select the entity and press N and read the description. It explains what number corresponds with which chunk sort.

Hmm I've got no "Material" key listing in my info when I press N... I got this:

"debrismodel" Model of debris chunks to throw when object is destroyed. There are special cases for this item rather than using a model name also, they are:

rock

chunks

wood

glass

none

Using one of these types will throw random chunks of that type rather than one model, except for "none" which will make it so no debris is spawned.

Should I be using another function instead of func_breakable?

Or is something just wrong...

I've tried using material with different numbers, but it don't work either...

Well, I checked and it seems that debrismodel is used for MP maps while material is used for Single Player maps. Which one are you trying to make? Sounds like you have MP entities loaded. Anyway, I know for sure that "material" works in SP maps cuz I tried it. I didn't do any testing with MP so I dunno if it works there (at all). Hopefully, some1 else could answer this for you.

Yes, it's a lame MP duel map where you can destroy things I'm making :)

So I've got the right loaded, although it don't work for me... Don't know if it's another key I must have too... or something...

Thanks anyways, someone else who knows and can help me why it's not working?

You just load different project. In JKradiant you need to manually load it by File->Load Project and select StarWars.qe4 file. In Gtk (jk2 edition) you can just use dropdown box (in Project Settings) and select SinglePlayer version. IIRC, you need to restart the editor after that.

Archived