Home

Show Me the Money...

Ohn Ruukon

How much would you pay for SW Galaxies??  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for SW Galaxies??

• $40 or less...
    • $41-$60...
    • $60-$100...
    • Money is nothing to me...

:fett::deathstar

This is about the cost of SW Galaxies... How much do you think it should cost?? Also the fee for playing it... How Much???

Will it be a monthly fee or will you just pay for the time youre logged on? Personaly I would pay whatever they ask for a game as awesome as SW Galaxies! Until next time...

pc games usually go for abuot $40

games with licenses (like star wars) are usually about $10 more...

expect to pay $45 or $50 for the game, and probably $12-$15 per month for service, perhaps less with long term contract discounts...

:( Ithink that Mr Lucas has made enough out of his nice little 27 year earner. I am a MASSIVE fan and I will pay the normal price for the PC game to cover the cost of developement etc, but I think that a regular monthly subscription is a bit much. How about giving something back to the fans, like a free subscription

err... the people who made it and most important, who update it and see the servers don't screw up may want some cash too u know... but i would like it if it only costs bout 5-10€ a month, with the amount of playing people, it should more than cover their work.... and if it's as good as it looks, most people will gladly pay it each month

Originally posted by Kwok69

:( Ithink that Mr Lucas has made enough out of his nice little 27 year earner. I am a MASSIVE fan and I will pay the normal price for the PC game to cover the cost of developement etc, but I think that a regular monthly subscription is a bit much. How about giving something back to the fans, like a free subscription

its not like lucas is charging a monthly fee because he's greedy...this isn't your average PC multiplayer-internet game, its a MMORPG and servers take money to maintain, that's what the monthly fee is for

Originally posted by Ohn Ruukon

Hey Guys... Just one smal comment... Think in $,

Dollars (american dollars!) make the world go round!:D:fett::deathstar

Euros are taking over the world by storm :fett: soon the empire (america) will be crushed by the rebellion (Europe) :)

Originally posted by greg g

i think people are too nieve sure it costs some extra bucks to run the servers but 12-15..with all the people playing it!!! gimme a break a break they coyuld be chargin 5 bucks a month and still have plenty of profit and all...

You severely underestimate the cost of producing the actual game. There are NO kind of games that are as expensive to create as an MMORPG. This means that you will have to wait for a long time until those $15 or whatever turns into profit, since most of it is lost on bandwidth and the GM's and the developing crew for updates, bugfixes and future expansions. After all those costs, preciously little is left to cover the pure cost of making the game in the first place. It is a totally different economical calculation than in regular games, where there are few costs after the game is published and distributed.

It's a simple matter of costs vs profit.

EDIT:

Remember, that when making Quake or whatever, when the game is done, most of the crew goes on to make a new game, or they go to another company or whatever. Here, they have to keep most of the crew who made the game, since none other can keep it going. You have any idea of the cost of a development crew, with monthly wages and equipment etc? So no, the $10-15 you pay each month is pretty far away from going straight into Verants pockets. After 3-4 years, however, the ratio of pure profit increases, as the development costs are 'paid'. THEN the company cashes in the bucks for the effort. But it's a long way there.

Archived