Home

angry

Quite Jedi

I am (I suppose) a newb to skinning. I have skinned for Aliens versus Predator 2 and thats it. I am just starting to get into the skining scene in JKII but am having massive brain aches.

First of all my mission is to get the reborn (model) to replace the single-player "kyle" model in single-player. My next task after that will be to change the skins that are used on that model. So effectively, I want a reborn with black clothes to replace kyle.

1) How do I edit the skin textures??

===========================

I found no .TGA files i needed to edit so I just edited the .JPG files. Is this the wrong way??

2) How do I implement the "reborn" model, to replace the "kyle" model in single-player??

===========================

I just copied the "default_model.skin" of the "reborns" over the one in the "kyle" folder. I also included all other model files in my new model folder. I replaced my new textures with the ones used for the default reborn model.

3) How do I convert into a .PK3??

==========================

All I did was placed all my modded files-and-directorys in one folder and compressed it with winzip, into a .PK3 file with no compression.

None of what I did has worked...

This is my first skin/model I am working on, and once complete im sure I wont need such newbie infomation, once I have got the hang of it. Any help would be great, or even a link to a nice tutorial site!!!! The game didnt crash, and kyle was still there unshaven.

Archived