Home

This Fixes everything in any game

leelink

I said it here once before but think this really should be repeated in its own thread. theres only one thing that will fix players spamming the same moves over and over and one move being more powerful then the other and that is to give each move an "offensive counter move equal to the damage that the original move would have done" Thats it! it fixes spamming and cheap moves, it fixes backstab, Just make an offensive counter move for every attack move.

For instance, the backstab, If a player backstabs me I want a say 100-200ms to perform a counter move that cancels his backstab and then performs a move that would do equal damage to that player.

If a player uses pull, but I block this by standing still and facing him, then I want to be able to pull within 100-200ms and put him on his back.

If you say i can pull another player after I blocked it I will have to slap you : ) there is a time delay that prevents this from being done. why they added this delay to the person "blocking" the attack I dont know

Same with push, this actually allows for an unfair cheat. rush in and push someone then when they can move for the half second, saber them or kick them. I really hate playing like that, but I do, because there is no reason to vary you moves unless they make an "offensive" counter for each attack move. the key word is offensive. Simply blocking the move is not enough. you must be able to attack and hit if you succesfully blocked a move.

look at the games that were so sucessfully because of this same formula

Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter

Virtua Fighter and others.

Although these were arcade games, the principle should be the same in any in close fighting game. It seems that they strayed from this formula too much and that is why everyone complained about 1.02 and now 1.03 as people get better in these versions it will get worse. by having offensive counter moves you make players vary thier style, you wouldnt be able to spam a backstab because the offensive move would kill you so you would have to vary your attacks to keep your opponent off gaurd.

There are counters, if someone just spams backstab a whole fight, they will die..

But what your talking about hav't a perfect counter is a bad idea...

You'd end up just having 2 people standing there waiting for the first to attack then hit 1 button and kill the guy when they tried to hit first...

I like the way it is right now, needs some tweaks but nothing major.

Yup... Im a cheap player... I would just stand there and wait for ppl to attack me.... next thing you know there would be standing spam. Imagine that... nobody moving waiting for someone to attack. I think I can hear the grass growing.... zzzzzzzzzz

You guys havent played MK3 have you? they offensive moves would have to be performed within milliseconds to be effective and you had to anticipate what the guy was going to do to counter it. it wasnt enough to let him perform the move first. you had to be ready the very instant it happen and moves attacks could come from behind also, Mortal Kombat was a thinking game and was extremely balanced over the 12 characters it had. I not talking seconds here for a reaction. I am talking milliseconds. So if you guessed the opponents move wrong, then his move will land. I think even with pings this could be overcome by placing the countertimer on the clients side so that when he receives the packet stating I am doing this move, the game then reconizes he has to do this and then sends the counter packet back if it was performed in enough time.

Mortal Kombat... wow that takes me back lol, back in the good old Streetfighter II , super nintendo and sega genesis days...

You have to remember MK3 was a completely different game than this...

It wouldn't work trust me , MK3 you throw a punch, even your strongest , slowest punch and it's light speed compared to the swing of a lightsaber in JKII. Also in Mk3 or any of those classics, 1 hit or counter hit couldn't kill you.. but well unless you take in juggling combo's etc into account but thats another story.

I like the current combat system, but some things do have to be tweaked, and maybe more moves and counter moves should be added. But not ones like you want. Where someone tries to backstab you and you hit "x" key and you counter it and kill him. Thats just making it worse..

Instead of having stupid people running around fighting backwards, you'll have people purposely trying to butthump guys in the corner.

What needs to be worked on is :

1)Blocking formula's(some **** is blocked that well shouldn't be)

2) Backstabs damage OR it's position requirement code, because it isnt all that stable, sometimes you can backstab guys infront or beside you no problem...

3) Hit/miss code , alot of stuff misses completly that you know should have cut the guy in 2 , and alot of stuff hits that was nowhere near you.

4)Damage code... doesn't seem very consistant, you can get grazed by a power swing 1 time and lose 20 health, you get get grazed, same distance etc etc another time and lose close to 100..

Lots of things like this would help the game alot i think.

Archived