Home

Raven finally lost me...we do need a 1.04 patch

Vorax

the backstab is not only avoidable but it could be an assett if used against you.. here is the thing.. dont freekin tail someone.. dont get into a spin slash war.. because backstabs happen most commonly there.. keep your distance and swing only when oyu can hit.. that is a good player...

stop cryin about something that is so obvisouly defendable unlie the dfa pre patch...:violin:

Well said. The Pull/Stab combo isn't something to be taken lightly. Most of the time when you're pulled down, it's not because the move is cheap, it's because you did something wrong, and your opponent saw it. It is very avoidable, hell you can even counter it with a win when you've been pulled down and are being stabbed...

Originally posted by qibbish

This sets up a red flag. You might be an exceptional fighter, but you can always use practice. Always try to learn from those around you, even those with much less experience then you perceive in them. This is hard to do, and I often fall into ego-centric traps like this, but that is all illusion, my friend.

Anyhow, I use a combo of absorb and protect, and it works like a charm. Only 1/3rd of the backstabs ever work on me (and, in a 3 hour session across multiple servers, I only get pushed down maybe 4 times).

I backstab most of my kills, but I don't spam the trick on those that I push over. I used to, but now I simply let them get up (or hack at them with another attack). I hate trying to get into position anyhow.

I also mainly use absorb for protection. Protect is usefull, but not if the player uses the red backstab...even protect isn't enough against it. As I said above, absorb is indeed the best defense.

Vist Artifex's server and wait for a fellow named, FU. He will show you what can be done with the back stab ;)

- Vorax

Originally posted by ShogunBlade

the backstab is not only avoidable but it could be an assett if used against you.. here is the thing.. dont freekin tail someone.. dont get into a spin slash war.. because backstabs happen most commonly there.. keep your distance and swing only when oyu can hit.. that is a good player...

stop cryin about something that is so obvisouly defendable unlie the dfa pre patch...:violin:

DFA was not hard to deal with, it was very easy to avoid. I think some of you guys haven't met the real experts of pull/back stab. Also, I am talking about it in combination with pull. On NF servers, it really isn't an issue (then you really do have to be bad to be hit by it) and I am not talking about FFA, I am talking about dueling.

Same as I said above: Visit Artifex's server, you will find the masters go there. It is a big whomping pull/backslash match, cuz that is what the masters use. You will be amazed at how well some of the guys do it. They have built their entire strategy/force selection around it....and they are damn good...as I am sure Artifex him self is... also...look at the guys that win the tournaments and and clan matches...ask them what they do....pull/backslash. It is the move when you are playing the top level players. Cuz it is the best way to win, not a good way to fight, but the best way to win.

As for whining about pull/backstab, I am not. I am saying it is the only way to win and that is stupid. I am studying it and mastering it also. My point is that i don't like that I have to because I want to win. I would much rather saber fight and I hope they tone it's damage in a patch.

- Vorax

well i play nf duels because of the realism.. in starwars in the movies force was hard to do in aduel becuase the user had to stop moving to cast force powers.. ie: darth vader on bespin... Maul on naboo.. tyranus on geonosha.. ect.. if you are having problems with dueling in force then i suggest you stop playing with force.. but in all honesty you cannot just sit there and say I have not played anyone of worth or that i dont know what im talking about because i am ranked 17th in the darkside server out of a few thousand people so i must not be that bad..

^^ I didn't mean you didn't know what you are talking about. I should have been clearer that this is only a problem with force dueling.

In NF servers, I know it isn't a problem, and I do play NF also. I go to NF servers to practice saber skills, I go to Force servers to put it all together.

- Vorax

Archived